New to VSNG

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
Dustoff

New to VSNG

Post by Dustoff »

Hi Folks,

i am new to Virtual Sailor NG and have some problems/questions.
First of all, i own the version from the website, not the steam version.

1. I can´t save my settings. Every time i close VSNG i have to do them again.
2. I can´t get the Map on my second monitor, even with the option active. It won´t let the window go on the second monitor.
3. when i tab out of the game my sound is gone or in fullscreen the game is going to my task and i see my desktop.
4. the game is sometimes crashing to desktop.

That´s it for now...

Thank you very much!

Cheers
Stefan
Sailorjohn

Re: New to VSNG

Post by Sailorjohn »

Welcome to VSNG, Dustoff.

While I can't help you with multiple monitor issues, I can help you with settings. VSNG has certain default settings that automatically reset to default upon restart. The solution is to save your situation before closing. Give it any name you choose; that saves whatever you had running ingame. When you restart, you can click on your saved situation and settings should be as before. Even if you just click "Resume", if it's the same situation that you have saved, your settings will be remembered.
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

You can also manually edit the vsn.ini inside your Virtual Sailor NG directory, in order to change your game settings.
Dustoff

Post by Dustoff »

Thanks for helping so far!

I bought VSNG again via Steam. It seems a bit better. However i still can´t play in fullscreen without the programm is going into my taskbar. Also the sound is gone for that moment.

Is it correct, that i can only drag the windows i want on my second monitor need to be in window mode, otherwise i am not abel to move them.

Best regards
Stefan