Online Session Notification and Scheduling

Any issues or problems related to the various features of VS and how they are used should be posted here. Please search this forum to find answers to any questions before posting.

Online Session Notification and Scheduling

Postby cwchute » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:51 am

If you plan to host a VS session, post the particulars here, i.e. date, time (in GMT), scenery you will be using, boats you will be using, if you will be on VSTS, etc. I would advise that you keep your session private, otherwise you are bound to attract some idiot who is bent on disrupting the session. What works best is to post your intent to host a day or so in advance, that way anyone interested can contact you, and you can send them your IP. Also, you can use Teamspeak for more immediate comms, i.e. if you're hosting a session and also on VSTS, someone who wants to join the session can contact you on VSTS and get the relevant info from you then. See you online! Maybe this thread should be stickied too, but please keep this thread limited to session scheduling, and not general online comments, troubleshooting, etc.
cwchute

Re: Online Session Notification and Scheduling

Postby cwchute » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:59 pm

If anyone would like to test their connectivity, I will host a public (though unpublished) session for the next hour or so. Info follows:

IP: 127.0.0.1
Ship: ADRIATIC
Scenery: NAtlanticWest2
Graphics: Best Speed

I will be logged into the TS server as well, although I'll most likely be AFK from both.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out the IP goof up, Spook. Corrected. And I made it a published session.
Last edited by cwchute on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
cwchute

Postby cwchute » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 am

Well, I had to shut it down after 50 minutes because some ass clown named HP_Administrator got in there and was a jerk. Zipping around, shooting at me, anchoring in my path, just a royal PITA. I swear, he acted like he was 11 years old. That's probably being a year or two too generous. My fault, really, for making it a published session. I should have taken my own advice! LOL Next version of VS NEEDS the ability to kick/ban players.
cwchute

Postby Victor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:12 am

Chris,
We may have changed the forum software but unfortunately have not changed idiots. However, it is nice to know you can host.

Spook,
That IP address is internal to the card. try it on your PC. The addresses issues by local routersare 192.168. xxx xxx.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby cwchute » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm

I must be a glutton for punishment.

Hosting another session for connectivity checks as of right now. This session is UNPUBLISHED.

IP: 76.24.110.40
Ship: Adriatic
Scenery: NAtlanticWest2
TS: in use
Host: AFK

Maybe we'll find out if HP_Admin is a forum reader.....

****************** SESSION CLOSED 1444 GMT ************************

Danim, I see you connected OK? You have your issue(s) sorted out then?
cwchute

Postby itsme » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:05 pm

That's one thing, the other is that his signature is far too big. An eye sore.
Cheers, Reino.
itsme

Postby cwchute » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:20 am

CL, not sure I can join this time, summer is quite busy here. But I did want to thank you for taking up the hosting mantle, and using the VS TS for that which it was intended. I know it can be frustrating when no-one shows up, so I thank you for keepin' on as it were. I hope I can join one of these days. I miss the O/L sessions, but now that the kids are a little older, and involved in more activities....it's tough.

Anyway, thanks again, and I would encourage any one of the newer crew, who want to enjoy some SERIOUS O/L experience, to take a crack at these O/L sessions. They can be quite informative and fun.

Chris
cwchute

Postby Victor » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 am

Too late for those this side of the pond.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Postby itsme » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 am

CL5057BL wrote:I am in the -7 area.

Means we are in the +7 area (at least). :cry: Have a good session!
Cheers, Reino.
itsme

Postby Victor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:12 pm

You will not get anyone joining with that IP address. Go to whatismyip.com and you will receive the correct IP address.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Next

Return to VS Support