Modeling from blueprints - Problem

This sections is intended for the ever growing number of 3D Modellings applications that can or cannot be used for developing addons for VS.

Modeling from blueprints - Problem

Postby DanH » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello, just wondering if anyone out there would have a solution to the problem i am having in preparing to model a vessle.

Basicly, i have got a general arrangement plan for the vessle i wish to model which consists of top, side, front and back views.

I have got no problem in creating planes (3DS Max) aliging the planes, and applying the images to the planes ready to model.

My problem lies in the fact that the general arrangement plan comes as a single image file which i have to chop up myself ready to put into Max, but i cannot seem too chop the images up correctly so that they all match perfectly in Max so that i can use them as reference images.

Would any of you have any tips to 'chopping' the images up so that will align correctly?

Help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.
DanH

Re: Modeling from blueprints - Problem

Postby destroyer » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Have you tried downloading the instruction manual from the offical 3ds max website. There are might be some exercises relating to your problem in the manual.
A stroke of luck can change anything.

PC Specs
Core i5 2.53 GHz
4 GB RAM
1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5650
Windows 7- Operating System
destroyer

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Return to 3D Modelling Software