making titanic for vs

This sections is intended for the ever growing number of 3D Modellings applications that can or cannot be used for developing addons for VS.

making titanic for vs

Postby Snipezzify » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

im going to make the titanic for virtual sailor using autodesk maya 2012 student it will have full interior and even an engine room if i can make it, but i will need some help with a couple of things firstly how will i export it into virtual sailor when i am done using what program and how to do it etc, plz help me because i want to get started soon because i have a feeling that this will take a long time because i want it to be good and to look right also how do you make the wheel, throttles propellers and other things like that turn and move, thanks
Snipezzify

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: making titanic for vs

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Snipeziffy,

You might wanna have a look here before you start a Titanic model as this one is really good. Interior included.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1314&start=750
Were you in the boat when the boat tipped over?
No, silly. I was in the water!
Andrew
Global Moderator

Postby Hudizzle » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:35 pm

I would also add that, as far as models in the Virtual Sailor engine are concerned, building the "entire interior" of Titanic, even on a minimal level of detail, would be a bit daft. I only built the equivalent of a few areas in my model, and that took quite a few polys. Unless your exterior model is stripped down to the barest and simplest of details, and your interior rooms are mostly just empty, simply-textured boxes, it's probably not going to go over too well. People have enough problems as it is getting my old Titanic to work. But one can always try, I guess, so good luck on your project if you decide to go ahead with it.

It's also worth noting that when I eventually build my new Titanic for Virtual Sailor, it'll have new, more accurate, and more extensive interiors. At least I hope I'll be able to fit them in, or even finish it. I'm tied up right now in work with Titanic3D, Lost in the Darkness, a yacht, and maybe another thing or two.

The aforementioned Titanic 3D can be found here: http://www.titanic3d.com/

And Lost in the Darkness can be found here: http://titanic-lost-in-the-darkness.tumblr.com/
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

PC Specs:
Processor - AMD Athlon II quad core (64-bit) 3.0Ghz
Graphics - XFX Radeon HD6770 1GB
RAM - 8GB
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Hudizzle

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Snipezzify » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 am

ok your right i guess so what parts do you suggest i build instead more or less than your model, bearing in mind that i am able to run your model and pick up sometimes 45 fps in the less detailed areas and about 35-40 in areas like the forward gsc also how do i make the propellers turn. Thanks for the support from everyone as i am actually inspired by you people who build things like this, and i just wanna give it a go myself as i am quite good at 3d modelling

P.S I got that titanic 3d thing you mentioned, it's AMAZING it makes me want the mafia titanic mod to come out sooner, and do you know when that will be released
Snipezzify

Postby larrygregory » Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 am

Well, i would certainly try to help you in this fantastic venture you have taken into consideration.So, i guess this might help you in some or other way
http://www.thinkreliability.com/Titanic.aspx .
larrygregory

Preferred Sim: Micro Flight

Return to 3D Modelling Software