best codec for video

This sections is intended for the ever growing number of 3D Modellings applications that can or cannot be used for developing addons for VS.

best codec for video

Postby hendrick » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 am

What is the best codec for video rendering? Trying to edit 720/1080p videos with absolute no quality loss. Recommend me a good program and codec for this please. Thank you.
Last edited by hendrick on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
hendrick

Preferred Sim: Micro Flight

Re: best codec for video

Postby jaiden123123 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 am

it depends on the software you use to capture, and what you want out of the codec. generaly i use the ones built into fraps but if you dont already have it, its $40 and the files it outputs are very large. again it depends on what you acttualy want out of the video. and you cant really put up the resolution up without quality loss, you need to record at that resolution to keep full quality with editing and rendering. and you also need to be carefull of the programs you get aswell, as the free or cheap ones generaly lose video quality but the decent ones are around the $30 up range. it really depends on how much money your willing to pay for this stuff. (i might get in trouble, and im certainly not recomending it, but if you dont have the money for any of the programs you could pirate them. aslong as you do pay for them if you get the chance.)
moon whalers wrote: were whalers on the moon, we carry our harpoons, but there are no whales so we sing tall tales of whaling on the moon
jaiden123123

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: best codec for video

Postby spookymufu » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:06 am

I use Bigasoft Total Video Converter, works on everything with many many resolutions to pick from......It converts to several different formats as well
spookymufu

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Return to 3D Modelling Software