repaints with sketchup 7??

Are you a boat builder? If you need help solving modelling/configuation issues related to boat building, this would be the place to raise them.

repaints with sketchup 7??

Postby Ecki04 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Is there any way to make a repaint for a ship made by sketchup 7??
Ecki04

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: repaints with sketchup 7??

Postby CaptainMack » Tue May 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Ecki04 wrote:Is there any way to make a repaint for a ship made by sketchup 7??

What do you mean, repainting? :? Changing colors, textures and that kind of stuff?
CaptainMack

Postby Ecki04 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:07 pm

yes i mean new texture!
Ecki04

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby CaptainMack » Tue May 18, 2010 2:15 pm

As far I know, if you are going to alter a texture, you don't need Sketshup. It can be done using a program called GIMP, or even easier, MS Paint.
Since you probably are new to this, you can only change textures for own usage. If you are going to publish the modified set of textures, then you need permission from the original author. That's only when you modify textures for an add-on made by someone else. :)
CaptainMack

Postby Whitestarlineforever » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:27 am

CaptainMack wrote:As far I know, if you are going to alter a texture, you don't need Sketshup. It can be done using a program called GIMP, or even easier, MS Paint.
Since you probably are new to this, you can only change textures for own usage. If you are going to publish the modified set of textures, then you need permission from the original author. That's only when you modify textures for an add-on made by someone else. :)

I tried to repaint the basic RMS Titanic (for my own use) in virtual sailor and the entire ship was a blank white color, what did i do wrong?
Whitestarlineforever

Return to Boat Dev Support