Piece on ship.

Are you a boat builder? If you need help solving modelling/configuation issues related to boat building, this would be the place to raise them.

Piece on ship.

Postby pdpboi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 am

Hey guys I know this might be wierd but could someone tell me what this wierd airplanes wing-like thing on carnival legend/spirit is called? im trying to find pictures to model it. Part is in the red circle and is the rest the ships mast?
PDPBOI.
Attachments
Circle part.jpg
Piece is in the red circle
pdpboi

Re: Piece on ship.

Postby pdpboi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 am

Hey guys here are better images of that part i was wondering about (part is always in red circle)
Attachments
Part is always in red circle.jpg
circles part.jpg
circles part.jpg (19.04 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
pdpboi

Postby Sailorjohn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 pm

It's just a highly streamlined and stylized yardarm, to which signal halyards are attached...note the flags beneath. In this case, some navgear sensors are also mounted on top.
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby pdpboi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 am

Thank you sailor john. I saw a picture of that thing on carnival legend and someone said it was called a tallinn i don't know if this is true. Why is it tho that it has those airplane wing like things poking out the sides of the central pole?
pdpboi
pdpboi

Postby Sailorjohn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:28 am

Those 'wings' are the yardarms. Look in the first pic and you can clearly see the blocks and halyards for signal flags attached to those 'wings'. Where else could you attach multiple flag halyards???
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to Boat Dev Support