Help with animations

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
PASSIONE_TRAGHETTI

Help with animations

Post by PASSIONE_TRAGHETTI »

hello everybody, excusme, To build animations More People use The old deep exploration, There is another software? Thank You!
sultanpoppa

Re: Help with animations

Post by sultanpoppa »

Bump! I've been trying AC3d to do a sketchup to .X conversion and it's a nightmare. Perhaps post a download of the Deep Exploration install package?
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

Deep Exploration is a complicated program to use if it's a new program for you. I've had the program since 2009 and I still learn new things about it nearly every week.
it's ideal for editing small parts of the models, creating mesh lights, animations and editing minor textures.

I do have a link for a version it's not something I can post directly here as it could be classed as Piracy as the program is not only no longer available but it was also a payware program. The program itself has a 30 day trial there is a loophole to get around this by moving your system clock back to the day after you installed it. I however am lucky enough to have the full version.

Deep Exploration 6.5 (or 5.7) is best when it comes to Virtual Sailor/Vehicle Simulator. Keep in mind however this program will ONLY open Sketchup files Sketchup 2015 and older, to get around this I currently use Sketchup Make (2017) and save the file as Sketchup 7 in order to open it.
VSF/VSNG Ship and Scenery Creator
Downloads can be found via: https://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.
syrphid

Post by syrphid »

I still use 3.5 version 2005 and found it quite enough and convenient for animation. Deep Exploration 6.5 (or 5.7) is more powerful of course.
As for the file format, DE supports .3ds and many other formats, so you can export your model to one of them.
PASSIONE_TRAGHETTI

thank, where i can download the try of the program?
sultanpoppa

Post by sultanpoppa »

As an alternative, I learned of AC3D from a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_u7EQ47sxo

As a means of transporting a ship built in Sketchup (17) to DirectX. I have not been successful yet. Though the video makes it fairly straightforward, something is getting lost in the translation.

The process I've used was exporting from Sketchup to .OBJ, importing into AC3D, then exporting to .X. It comes into the game as invisible, and wonky physics, just sinks. Invisibly.

Any other experiences with AC3D?
christianH

Post by christianH »

Hello,
you can use blender 2.79 for animations, not the newer versions, which no longer have a direct X exporter.
However, setting up the direct X exporter in Blender is tricky.
PASSIONE_TRAGHETTI

christianH wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:26 am Hello,
you can use blender 2.79 for animations, not the newer versions, which no longer have a direct X exporter.
However, setting up the direct X exporter in Blender is tricky.
thank you! the plug in is in the software and i see it, when i try I'll let you know
madnewf

Post by madnewf »

Here is the new updated version of right hemispheres deep exploration there is a version on the web free https://www.simulistic.com/sap.html