Jahre Viking anyone?

Working on something cool? This is where you can tell everyone about it.

Re: Jahre Viking anyone?

Postby Sailorjohn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 am

Running the demo seems to be the common denominator. If you want a quick hands-on learning experience with elements, you could delete elements (which you've done), copy my vehicle.cfg, then save elements ingame. Try your hand at adjusting points, draft, location of prop and rudder, etc. Learn as you go. If you like the results, click "Save Elements" (you can always delete or edit elements in the JV folder). If you screw it up, delete 'em and start again. I think the problem is that the mini-updates since 2.4 have changed dynamics. If you buy the full, you get the latest version, 2.4.9. Maybe if you email Ilan you could access the updates 2.4.1 thru 2.4.9. But each update affected different parts of the coding, so you really need 'em all. One other possibility would be to go back thru the forum thread for VSF updates, and try the older links there...you might be able to get 'em that way.
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby CarterTheCargoMan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 am

Sailorjohn wrote:Running the demo seems to be the common denominator. If you want a quick hands-on learning experience with elements, you could delete elements (which you've done), copy my vehicle.cfg, then save elements ingame. Try your hand at adjusting points, draft, location of prop and rudder, etc. Learn as you go. If you like the results, click "Save Elements" (you can always delete or edit elements in the JV folder). If you screw it up, delete 'em and start again. I think the problem is that the mini-updates since 2.4 have changed dynamics. If you buy the full, you get the latest version, 2.4.9. Maybe if you email Ilan you could access the updates 2.4.1 thru 2.4.9. But each update affected different parts of the coding, so you really need 'em all. One other possibility would be to go back thru the forum thread for VSF updates, and try the older links there...you might be able to get 'em that way.

Thanks SJ, but I will just hold out until I get the full version. Whats the point with tinkering with something thats not going to work? ;)

After I get the full version, I will let you know my results with the elements, but for now I don't want a quick hands-on learning experience, I want a slow one. There are two kinds of people in simulators. There are the those who play, and those who create. For now, I am one of those who play, maybe someday in the future I will be one who creates.

Best regards,

Carter
CarterTheCargoMan

Postby spookymufu » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 pm

^^ heres the problem with that line of thinking with VS/VSF, you pretty much need to learn to do these things your self or with the help of the forum members because very few (if any) people here will do much for you....
spookymufu

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby CarterTheCargoMan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

spookymufu wrote:^^ heres the problem with that line of thinking with VS/VSF, you pretty much need to learn to do these things your self or with the help of the forum members because very few (if any) people here will do much for you....

Yes, but everybody learns at their own pace, correct? Some people choose to do it by themselves, some are dependant on others. Some are even both. I am currently recieving help from you guys, as you are assisting me on getting the Jahre Viking, and implementing it into VSF, are you not?

This is just a learning experience for all of us, learning just one little thing at a time to help us enjoy VSF and VS, as you cannot know everything about the sims or how to do everything the minute you press the launch icon. I'll slowly or quickly learn the ways of VSF, but that is up to you guys as a forum to assist me. I don't want to try things that are complicated, such as tweaking the elements myself, no thanks. Like I said before, I'll just hold out until I get the full version and get back to you guys with results, atleast its better data then experimenting with the demo, am I correct?

And no, I am not relying on forum members to work for me, I never said that. But if you have had a file no one can find that somebody wants, and that you have had for a while, than it would be nice to give to that person. I am not asking for somone to whip up a file and give it to the person in 5 minutes, just because you felt you needed to. I am not saying that at all, but it was very generous of SailorJohn to kindly give me his elements file so that I can enjoy the Jahre Viking and Seawise Giant even more, and for that sir I thank you.

Best regards,

Carter
CarterTheCargoMan

Postby cjmcglauglin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:35 am

Idk who posted this but thanks to them http://library.qualitysimulations.com/b ... hre+viking
Amateur VS boat builder...

All my VS addons:
http://library.qualitysimulations.com/b ... user=68779
cjmcglauglin

Postby varoun » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:38 am

ummm..... Did you check the date of the last post? You should.

Please dont bump old threads.
Everyone knows about that model in the library.
VAROUN

Lets save this forum and make it active as before!!
varoun

Previous

Return to Boat WIPs