SS Norway

Working on something cool? This is where you can tell everyone about it.

SS Norway

Postby Murdoch » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Wow!!! It has been quite some time since my last update about the wonderful lady Norway. So I wanted to share some great new shots of how the model looks as of today. The model in the screenshots below are of the "Norway Today" model, which is my interpretation of what Norway may look like today were she still around. As a result in some of the screenshots you may notice things such as Security cameras, flat monitors, small additions to decks and other minor updates which will NOT be in the final version (also in this model the funnels and midship "NORWAY" sing look as they did before the 1996 refit). Since my last update I have TOTALLY redesigned the hull using the actual plan drawings of the France. As a result the overall look of this ship is MUCH more realistic.

In final version the stern will read "Nassau" as it did after 1987.

Ships Bridge:

Office of the Captain:

In addition to all of the exteriors as well as the bridge and captains quarters I have decided to experiment with some of the Norway's great interior spaces as well...

Please let me know what you think of the model and feel free to express your opinions about what is wrong with it or what is right with it.

Thanks Very Much,
MURDOCH
miguelMURDOCH

Visit my site at:
http://www.miguelmurdoch.com

Like me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/miguelmurdochdesign/
Murdoch

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: SS Norway

Postby DevinRodrigues » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 pm

:shock:

This is one is going to be released right?!!

Its Beautiful!
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Platinumships » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Looks great! I can't wait until its released!
Platinumships

Postby Waddam » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 am

Im guessing it will have full interior? :D If it does it might lag my computer, but when I get a new one I can enjoy it! :lol:
If there's a WILL there's a WAY.
Waddam

Postby lenrik » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 pm

One word... AMAZING!!!!
lenrik

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm

-gasp- you did the Leeward Dining Room?!?! That and Club Internationale are two of my favorite places aboard the ship. I can not believe i have missed this on the forum.

This is amazing. Outstanding Miguel!
-Andrew
Were you in the boat when the boat tipped over?
No, silly. I was in the water!
Andrew
Global Moderator

Postby Dom » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Andrew wrote:-gasp- you did the Leeward Dining Room?!?! That and Club Internationale are two of my favorite places aboard the ship. I can not believe i have missed this on the forum.

-Andrew

Andrew!!!... that's not the Leeward dining room on the above shots, but the Windward one! How dare you make such a mistake? :D ;)
Windward D R and Club International (ex 1st class dining room and fumoir) were also my two favorite rooms aboard (along with the 2 very "transatlantic" enclosed promenades).

Murdoch wrote: Please let me know what you think of the model and feel free to express your opinions about what is wrong with it or what is right with it.

Miguel, you should put more attention to détails in visual realism once aboard. I mean mainly textures and materials need more work and care, even if I know the model is not complete yet. Some objects and shapes need to be less simplified as well. Perhaps modeling less rooms is necessary but realism wise, the remaining ones ask for a better visual treatment.
Good luck!

Dom.

Formerly known as Dom ...just in case I follow this currently ongoing silly trend of changing one's screen name...
Dom

Postby Andrew » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Dom wrote:
Andrew wrote:-gasp- you did the Leeward Dining Room?!?! That and Club Internationale are two of my favorite places aboard the ship. I can not believe i have missed this on the forum.

-Andrew

Andrew!!!... that's not the Leeward dining room on the above shots, but the Windward one! How dare you make such a mistake? :D ;)
Windward D R and Club International (ex 1st class dining room and fumoir) were also my two favorite rooms aboard (along with the 2 very "transatlantic" enclosed promenades).

My apologies, Dom. Im ashamed to be an enthusiast for this shiop and not know my way around the ship.
Were you in the boat when the boat tipped over?
No, silly. I was in the water!
Andrew
Global Moderator

Postby Cheer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Is this project dead? I would hate to see her never be released :( I've always loved the Norway :)
My PC Specifications
CPU: AMD Quad-Core A10-6700 processor [at] 3.7 GhZ, 4.3 GhZ turbo
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8670D graphics
RAM: 8 GB

If the ship sank, it was not built by me.
Cheer

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby SvenDC » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Is this dead?Thats an amazing mod,looks like the base was Dom's France.
SvenDC

Next

Return to Boat WIPs