waterfall?

Are you working on a scenery and having problems getting it right? This is where you should ask for help.

waterfall?

Postby jaiden123123 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:07 am

is it possible to make a proper waterfall?
moon whalers wrote: were whalers on the moon, we carry our harpoons, but there are no whales so we sing tall tales of whaling on the moon
jaiden123123

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: waterfall?

Postby CaptainMack » Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm

jaiden123123 wrote:is it possible to make a proper waterfall?

Nope, if it's these you want

...then you need a program with a particle generator, and export the whole thing as an animation.
It would be so advanced that..well...it would need other features implemented in VS to make it work. :geek:
I canalso be done by animating a texture flow, but this is also animation that needs an editor like 3ds Max, Maya or other editors that is capable to animate 3D mesh.

A similar particle system found in VS and VSF is the smoke, and weather effects like rain. Usually they use particle generators to create such visual effects for games :)
CaptainMack

Postby ron » Thu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

I once asked Ilan if for a texture (the waterfall object in scenery, this particular question) one could use an animated .gif?
The answer was no.
An animated gif would have many many uses, both above water and under, all kind of objects?
I think for VS to render animated gifs would involve some serious coding, that's why Ilan said no.
Cheers,

Ron
ron

Postby jaiden123123 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:40 am

ok thanks guys
moon whalers wrote: were whalers on the moon, we carry our harpoons, but there are no whales so we sing tall tales of whaling on the moon
jaiden123123

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to Scenery Dev Support