Problem - Inserting a small dock into VS.

Are you working on a scenery and having problems getting it right? This is where you should ask for help.

Problem - Inserting a small dock into VS.

Postby ShipAddict » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi,

I have recently been trying to place a small dock into the Aegean Sea scenery by following this guide. However, despite carefully following the instructions my dock does not appear in the game.

I expect I'm making a simple mistake somewhere down the line, but I really have no idea what! If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I have attached the objects.txt file to the bottom of this post.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Mike
Attachments
objects.txt
Obects.txt file for the Aegean Sea scenery.
(680 Bytes) Downloaded 213 times
ShipAddict

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: Problem - Inserting a small dock into VS.

Postby Panelman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Try to replace -23.598056 by 23.598056 (positive) ?

To get the longitude and latitude, start VS and open the map view during you are playing "M key", on the spot where you want the object to be placed make a (Ctrl + left click).

Go to your specific scenery folder and open the "objects.txt" file, place the cursor on the next available line and paste the coordinates (Edit and Paste) or (Ctrl+V), This copies both values, after that type your object parameters after the second coordinate.

Maybe that helps you ! ;)
Panelman

Re: Problem - Inserting a small dock into VS.

Postby ShipAddict » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Panelman,

I gave your second option a try using the Ctrl + click method, and I'm pleased to say it worked perfectly! I didn't realise it was as simple as pasting, I was converting the coordinates to decimal using an internet converter.

Thanks once again, much appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike
ShipAddict

Return to Scenery Dev Support