Run-Time Error '55' File already open

Are you working on a scenery and having problems getting it right? This is where you should ask for help.

Run-Time Error '55' File already open

Postby CaptainMark » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:46 pm

I am making scenery for VS7. I have started experimenting with the Scenery Designer program. The one where you open the obj.bmp file and place p###.def files into the scenery. You can also edit the .def file. The program seemed to be working ok until this weekend. Now If I try to open a .def file to see its contents and/or try to save changes to an obj.bmp file I get the error - Run-Time Error '55' File already open

No other programs have been added or changed on the computer. This new error message just started occuring. It happens to all obj.bmp files in all sceneries. I get the error even when VS7 is not open.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Captain Mark
CaptainMark

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: Run-Time Error '55' File already open

Postby CaptainMark » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:39 pm

I fixed the problem. I had edited obj.bmp with the Scenery Design tool. Then I opened obj.bmp with other programs (Picture Viewer and Corel Photo Paint). For some reason Scenery Designer did not like its files being opened in a different program. I did a System Restore to an earlier date. Now the Scenery Design tool is working again. It's a computer thing. Go figure???
CaptainMark

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: Run-Time Error '55' File already open

Postby Victor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:11 pm

The Scenery Design Tool never stopped working. Go figure! ! ! ! !

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to Scenery Dev Support