how do i add a iceberg

Are you working on a scenery and having problems getting it right? This is where you should ask for help.

how do i add a iceberg

Postby laner33 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:02 am

how do you add a iceberg too your map where you can see it while driving the boat i have the file but i dont know what to do too make it work. help please!
laner33

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: how do i add a iceberg

Postby tiger » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 am

Hi,
What kind of file is it and where did you get it?
Is it a file like 3ds or similar you need a converter like Deep Exploration to make a .x file and convert it to VS.
Give it the name "iceberg", put the .x file and the textures in the scenery file, open the Objekts.txt, create a
Line called "iceberg". Copy the numbers from a line above it. The first two numbers are the coordinates!
Open VS, the map and go to the position, where you want the iceberg. VS create the coordinates automatically. Make "paste" in the object.txt and so you have after newstarting VS the iceberg in you scenery.
Now you can change the position, size, etc.
tiger

Re: how do i add a iceberg

Postby Sailorjohn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:02 pm

It's a lot simpler in VSF! Put the 'iceberg' x.file and any relevant texture files in VSF 'common' folder. Ingame, go to where you want to place the iceberg...click 'design/objects' tab...scan to find your iceberg...then import it, adjust it's size, xyz coords, etc, and save it as a 'user-generated object'.
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to Scenery Dev Support