Virtual Sailor 8.5.2 is out

When a new version of VS:NG is released, it's release notes can be found here.
admin
Site Admin

Virtual Sailor 8.5.2 is out

Post by admin »

Hi Everyone,

I have uploaded an update to version 8.5.2 today.
This update fixes some issues which were reported since the last versions and before.

These items are:

1) Faster loading of scenery objects.
2) Importing auto_objects.txt into tile_objects.txt.

A correct importing of "auto_objects.txt" which was the structure used by VSF scenery for automatic objects was made,
this enabled the creation of "tile_object.txt" which is the new format used by VS_NG, it allows caching of objects and much
faster loading speeds, especially for the larger and more detailed scenery.

Dramatic improvement can be observed when loading such scenery as SW_Europe and others that contain a large collection
of auto generated objects.

2) Collisions with dock bug fixed when using chase view.

Some users reported collisions with docks which failed to function, i have found that this could happen for larger boats, especially when
viewed from outside and far from bridge.

I have fixed these issues, and now collisions with docks work as long as the vehicle is selected regardless of its point of view.

3) Situation is saved before changing scenery.
4) Fixed a bug with changing scenery.

Some users reported crashes when moving between scenery areas, I have fixed a potential bug that could cause such an issue, and
also made automatic saving of the situation just before switching the scenery, so if a crash does happen you can continue where
you left when crash occurred.

5) Thunders made more sparse.

Some users reported too frequent thunders, I have reduced the frequency by more than half and also made it dependent upon visibility,
so when visibility is poor frequency will increase compared to better visibility.

So, please check and keep up the good reports !

Thanks,

Ilan