Old Virtual Sailor as freeware?

This is the forum for the old Virtual Sailor,
This program is deprecated, please switch to Vehicle Simulator or VS:NG.
MokMok

Old Virtual Sailor as freeware?

Post by MokMok »

Is it an option that Ilan Papini makes the Old Virtual Sailor available as freeware? Since Virtual Sailor NG has been released, the old version 7.5.1 has been deprecated. But because it runs on lower end hardware than Virtual Sailor NG and it also runs without problems under Linux by using Wine, it would be very great to make it free.
Conwayfan98

Re: Old Virtual Sailor as freeware?

Post by Conwayfan98 »

This is something that I would like to see. My PC does not meet the minimum requirements to run Virtual Sailor NG. I attempted to install the demo to test it anyway and noticed that it installs it over Virtual Sailor 7. Since I don't have the VS7.exe file, installing Virtual Sailor NG would mean losing VS7 forever.
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

Conwayfan98 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:04 pm This is something that I would like to see. My PC does not meet the minimum requirements to run Virtual Sailor NG. I attempted to install the demo to test it anyway and noticed that it installs it over Virtual Sailor 7. Since I don't have the VS7.exe file, installing Virtual Sailor NG would mean losing VS7 forever.
The old version 7.5.1 of Virtual Sailor can be found at https://web.archive.org/web/20200724004 ... update.exe. You can't buy this program any more, asking for a key after more than two years after date of purchase makes no sense at all. Trying to do this, you will come at https://www.regnow.com:9501/softsell/np ... tem=1629-3 with the error message "Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT".
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

If you have bought Virtual Sailor NG, you can use the same vs.key from Virtual Sailor NG to run Old Virtual Sailor 7.5. But where can I download the 7.5.1 version of this program which was released on July 25, 2017?