Joystick Properties - can I set separate dead zone for Logitech wheel and throttle?

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
amascola

Joystick Properties - can I set separate dead zone for Logitech wheel and throttle?

Post by amascola »

I have a Logitech G920 Steering Wheel and Logitech / Saitek Flight Throttle Quadrant. I don't want the wheel to have any dead zone as I prefer that it is very responsive and steers immediately upon subtle change in position. I want the throttle quadrant however to have a dead zone of 20% at midrange between forward and reverse as there is no detent in the Logitech flight throttle quadrant and I am defining 50% range as the point where the engine rpm is zero with deflection upwards giving forward throttle and downward aft. I don't want it to have a hair trigger forward and reverse. In Options / Joystick / Joystick Properties I see a drop down menu of "connected devices" with the wheel and throttle quadrant listed separately however when I select and set the dead zone for one controller, this dead zone setting is applied also automatically to the other controller as well. No matter what I try, I can't set the dead zones for each controller independently. Can anyone help me with this? I suspect this is a bug in the Virtual Sailor NG configuration interface as I can program my other nautical simulator software called Nautis Home to do this without difficulty. Has anyone else been able to independently set dead zones on their controllers? Please post how and include a screenshot if you would be so kind. Thank you!
Last edited by amascola on Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amascola

Re: Joystick Properties - can I set separate dead zone for Logitech wheel and throttle?

Post by amascola »

BTW I used Racom’s very helpful post here to setup the Logitech / Saitek flight throttle quadrant:

viewtopic.php?p=1572#p1572