Weapon simulation and compatibility

Discussion area for users participating in Beta testing of Vehicle Simulator. When posting, please try to describe what actions you took to cause a fault/bug to appear.

Re: Weapon simulation and compatibility

Postby danim » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am

What I have noticed is that when using the missiles, what ever craft you hit, it will crash and the pilot will eject
e.g
I launched a missile from the F-16 to another F-16 and as soon as the missile hit the pilot ejected
please could you make it a bit more realistic by having a craft take multi shots before the pilot ejects based on the damage limit on the real life version
danim

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Sailorjohn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Ilan, nice job on the weapons! It's great to have return fire (which seems much more effective than VS!...I got sunk several times!), and the weapon behavior seems much improved. Ship sinking is slower, and random, and momentum is maintained...and I enjoyed the multiple explosions as they went down!

The ships do seem pretty fragile, though...just one or two hits repeatedly sank the 8" cruiser USS_Baltimore. That brings us to the damage issue. It would be nice to have some sort of sliding damage scale based upon mass of projectile versus mass of target. A multiplier constant, perhaps, applied to projectile/target mass ratio...or at least a ratio like say, 50 machinegun hits, 5 cannon hits, 1 or 2 torpedoes or bombs, etc...to sink a med-lge vessel. And each increase in damage % causing the same % drop in power.
Sailorjohn

Postby ilan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 am

Dear John,

Thanks for the nice words, nice to hear after a long days work.
the paramter controlling when a boat will sink is the damage value for each weapon,
and the radius of the bounding sphere around the object hit or vehicle hit.

The damage value is accumulated after each hit and when larger than the radius the boat sinks.
currenlty one machine gun adds 1 and one missile or cannon shell adds 25, it is a good idea to
make this adjustable as a paramter inside the weapon file, i may do so soon.
Thank you,

Ilan Papini
Quality Simulations
http://www.hangsim.com
http://www.qualitysimulations.com
ilan

Postby Bartolomeus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Thats great...so i can make different missile types for my subs. Great news Ilan!

Marko
Bartolomeus

Postby matto_mati » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 am

I found more bugs involving war mode and weapons, cannons to be exact.

1) If shoot at another vehicle it will declare war on me but wont shoot back until I stop shooting. This happens only with cannons as they have a rate of fire.

2) This is a bit hard to explain I hope you can follow me:

I took the ranger and shot at the canon boat and sank it with the cannons. Then added a 3rd vehicle it also has a canon and shot at the ranger but all I could hit was the canon boat. No matter there I pointed the gun. Also the bullets of the gun were gone but it still hit the second boat even as it was under water. Very strange. See attached picture.

3) As a boat is hit it starts burning (smoke appears) but after the boat is already sunk the smoke stays on the water. I am a Deep Purple fan but shouldn't the smoke disappear after the boat is sunk?
matto_mati

Postby ron » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Lovely Matto! Sweet memories.

A bit out of topic but I'd say a bit of fun and history is not out of place (I hope)..?
1 minute and 22 seconds later, "Smoke on the Water", Deep Purple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX_4FNoto4
Cheers,

Ron
ron

Previous

Return to VSF Beta Testing