Beta 3.1 - Release Candidate 2 is here

Discussion area for users participating in Beta testing of Vehicle Simulator. When posting, please try to describe what actions you took to cause a fault/bug to appear.

Beta 3.1 - Release Candidate 2 is here

Postby ilan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Dear All,

I have fixed the problems discussed on this forum, or at least the majority of them,
and have released beta 3.1, if no CRITICAL bugs are discovered the official version
will follow soon.

Here is the list of bugs and items fixed:

Speed in marine radar is zero.
Make float and wheels input more friendly.
Wheels of cars should be softer.
Weapon angles not transferred in replay and net play.
Add omega and torque to hud.
Telescope does not control weapons.
Move boat and planes directories to vehicles upen startup.
Loading old boats without hierarchy fails.
Very close fog doesn't appear on sea properly.
Boats springs high out of water.
Ships shoot when broken.
Acquire first target in radar when opened.
War mode ships don't aim on planes.
Allow boat_draft up as small as 0.1 m.
Boat made of elements measures airspeed.
Update rendered deck texture when deck_alt or has_deck changes.
Track-IR compatible with version 4.03.

Please post below only CRITICAL BUGS you discover, features and wish lists will wait untill the
first version is released.

It has been a pleasure working with you all on this beta, i hope the new Vehicle simulator will
unite the large community of VS and MF users under a single creative roof, add new users and new possibilities.
Thank you,

Ilan Papini
Quality Simulations
http://www.hangsim.com
http://www.qualitysimulations.com
ilan

Re: Beta 3.1 - Release Candidate 2 is here

Postby itsme » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Before final release you may wish to correct a spelling error. In the opening windows the words 'Texture' and 'Textures' appear without the middle 't.

Thanks again Ilan for a job well done.
Cheers, Reino.
itsme

Postby Victor » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 pm

There is one bug that has not been fixed since the very first beta. Use of the mouse resets the controls. if I have started a turn and set a number of degrees of wheel on, I don't expect the wheel to be reset to amidships each time I click on say the RADAR or Map.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby ilan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:11 am

Dear Itsme, Veictor

Thanks for the comments i have fixed.
please download and test this fix at:

http://www.hangsim.com/temp/vsf_beta.zip

Dear fun_ship,

I have made the thrusters reduce speed so it will be easier to turn the boats, without it it was much harder to turn and dock,
if you think this is wrong please tell me, and explain.
Thank you,

Ilan Papini
Quality Simulations
http://www.hangsim.com
http://www.qualitysimulations.com
ilan

Postby Victor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:25 am

Ilan,

I shall test the fix shortly. I have not had the opportunity to test the thrusters as we don't have any docks in VSF yet. However, I have used them to berth alongside another ship and they work fine, for me in any case. They are after all designed for manoeuvering at slow speeds.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Postby Bob » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:21 am

Everything seems fine to me, Many thanks for your patience and hard work Ilan.
I now look foreward to the commercial release, and the opportunity to give you some small reward for your efforts.
Bob

Postby Victor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:47 am

Many thanks for that fix, Ilan.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Postby matto_mati » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:59 am

Bug Report:

1) Boats still jump out of the water after being sunk and VSF re-started. To a smaller altitude but still jump.

2) Smoke stays on water after boat has been sunk.

3) Vehicles won't return fire while under fire form a machine gun.

4) Wide view and view point still not remembered after VSF is re-started.

5) You can eject form boats/land vehicles and can change their trim.

6) Flying vehicles can be anchored.

7) If you anchor 2 boats and re-start VSF it releases the anchor form the boat you are not in.

8) Land vehicles should have their own panel. (Not the same panel as planes or boats).

9) When driving trough a forest you bump into trees as you should but if you drive in reverse you don't bump into any thing, not trees not houses. (I wish things were like in rel life).

The big bug:

If you add an amphibious vehicle in water it won't go, not forward not in reverse. If you enter the water with the land vehicle it won't stop unless you apply the breaks. Also the vehicles seem to be sitting high on the water not like they used to sit.

As you can see most bugs are very small I like to say Ilan, great job I am having tons of fun with this game and loving every minute of it.
matto_mati

Postby Sailorjohn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Great progress, Ilan! This is an incredibly enjoyable sim, and truly addictive. I see most of my previously reported bugs and glitches have been fixed. There are still a few issues, but perhaps not in the 'critical' range:

1. Some VS instruments still do not function in VSF...horizontal compasses using 'ball' do not rotate, although the card remains level. I realize this is a 'workaround' issue for modellers. Other 'ball' functions used in VS for interior furnishings do not show in VSF, such as the 'suite' in Sharpy's USS_Sequoia.
2. VS boats with origin incorrectly modelled at or above waterline, instead of bottom of the keel, don't work well in VSF. They load half submerged; boat_alt can be adjusted using 'properties' ingame, but they default back upon restart. This is more of a modeller 'bug'.
3. The cloud base under low clouds flickers/vibrates within 30 deg or so of the solar reflection on the water.
4. Pilots still parachute out of sinking ships and crashing cars.
5. There are duplications of instrument names on different styles of instruments between VS/MF; these cause problems of overwriting when importing vehicles from VS and MF. This will complicate 'auto import' to VSF.
6. Despite having '0 hide_water' in vehicle.cfg, all boats still levitate above water in F1...making for an unrealistic viewpoint.
7. Water, rain, and snow never cross the deck in F1.
8. Still no way to 'attach' viewpoint to boat, as it is in cars and planes...so that you move with the vehicle, not the horizon.
9. Textures and objects duplicated in a boat folder do not cast shadows...only those used once cast shadows. Therefore the helm, coffee cup, window frames, etc may cast shadows because they are singularly unique...but the walls (bulkheads), ceilings (overheads) etc do not, because they share textures.

And a few remarks about observations by Mati above...I found that boats DO return fire when I use machinegun (and shot down my plane)...and there is often fire remaining on the water after a ship sinks (blazing oil and debris).
Sailorjohn

Postby matto_mati » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Sailorjohn wrote:And a few remarks about observations by Mati above...I found that boats DO return fire when I use machinegun (and shot down my plane)...and there is often fire remaining on the water after a ship sinks (blazing oil and debris).

Ok Jhon, you know way more about boats than me so I'll take your word on the smoke issue.

About the weapons the question is not if boats return fire but when.
For example:
Place 2 Rangers in the scenery put yourself in one of them.
Take the guns not the missile aim at the second Ranger fire and keep firing.
You will see that the second Ranger is declaring war and aiming his guns but it's not firing until you stop.

From my limited military experience I understand that you are supposed to return fire as soon as possible if fired upon.
matto_mati

Next

Return to VSF Beta Testing