Beta 3.1 - Release Candidate 2 is here

Discussion area for users participating in Beta testing of Vehicle Simulator. When posting, please try to describe what actions you took to cause a fault/bug to appear.

Re: Beta 3.1 - Release Candidate 2 is here

Postby Sailorjohn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Once again, thank you Ilan for such a quick response! Don't think there are too many sims out there that enjoy the same level of programmer/user interaction!

EDIT: The patch worked like a charm. I'm off to remodel some scenery textures at last!
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Sailorjohn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Just a small note, Ilan. Installed the latest patch above, for the land textures. Now when I click 'Exit' to close VSF, it closes the situation...but not the VSF program; it goes back to the VSF entry screen. You must then click 'Exit' again to close VSF. Not a big deal (you can of course still click 'X'), and not worth a patch...just thought it odd. Intentional, or unintended consequences?
Sailorjohn

Postby matto_mati » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:10 am

I don't think the last one is a bug, John. It makes seance to me that you press ESC to exit a situation and not the hole game.

A bug I get is that objects don't always appear. I was flying in the "Balloon party 3" situation and the objects kept despairing as I turned the plane or camera away (as they should) but then they did not re-appear as I looked back.

Also when dealing with more than one target in war mode it is hard to lock on a missile to a specific target. The lock will jump from one target to the next at random. I suggest the "[" and "]" keys be used to scroll between targets.
matto_mati

Postby Sailorjohn » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:52 am

I don't know when it happened, but VSF no longer 'refuels' vehicles upon restarting situations. While I applaud that for 'own' vehicle (now it really makes sense to use economical cruising speed), I don't think it's a good idea for AI traffic. I have a number of complicated situations running in different sceneries with up to 23 vehicles, boats and planes. Now I have planes suddenly dropping out of the sky, and boats aimlessly drifting...because they ran out of fuel! At least in VS you could remotely refuel/restart AI traffic in Boats tab. Can't do that in VSF; you have to go aboard each one, click 'Refuel Me', and restart engine.

Could we please get 'auto refuel' of AI vehicles back???
Sailorjohn

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 am

Ilan, not a bug, but a suggestion.
I am in the process of installing every lighthouse around the British coast, and the navaid symbols on the map begin to obscure detail.
Could they be made smaller?

Bob.
Bob

Postby Victor » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Agree Bob. I think more in relation to the scale.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to VSF Beta Testing