propsx and could use some pointers for first ships

Are you having problems building or configuring a vehicle addon for VSF or would you like to discuss techniques? This is where to do it!

propsx and could use some pointers for first ships

Postby jonathan62 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:45 am

Hi
This is my first time posting and I'm trying to get some of my designs up an running for VSF. My current pains are props and glass. I have not even begun to think about texturing, and my gaming model skills are way way out of date. However, I design actual boats in autodesk inventor and have used 3dmax for a really long time.
My first almost ready to go but for a few glitches is a pushboat. Most of my work can be seen at www.jonathanwerbeldesign.com, and there is a you tube channel with all the sea trial videos
I'm not well known outside the construction community, although I'm psyched about some of the places my boats are. I might be interested in modeling some of that.
I've bought a few models on the web so far, some of you folk just blow my doors off. Nice stuff. Really nice. I'd love any tips for a beginner. A lot of the freeware stuff is really great too. Some of the big full sailing models are just luscious.

props, I got them in the game, and they are correctly spaced, but they don't rotate and they turn with the rudders? Yeah I stole that cfg file from something I totally do not yet understand!

My autodesk glass is solid green. Kinda makes looking over the bow a bit thin on the looking part.

My rudder indicator stopped working about the time I actually got the rudders to work correctly

I haven't even tried to figure out how to upload a photo.

Does anyone have a depth gauge in Feet?

I'm afraid if I ask Ilan too many more questions I'll burn him out. No, he's been very helpful.

night all....
jonathan62

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: propsx and could use some pointers for first ships

Postby jonathan62 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:08 am

lets see if this uploads
Attachments
mp14-003.JPG
This is a project I'm working on, and the deck barge is a recent basic deckbarge for which the 14 is a bit overpowered. This is a 700hp twin screw, powered as my Katahdin.
jonathan62

Postby jonathan62 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:18 am

And this is working, These are my babies, best little steel workboat on the waterfront. This is the full assist boats. This is a midget tug for my inland customers moving sectional barges and floats. On the big big big jobs these are manned thrusters to assist tugs like my big pushtugs to move heavy equipment barges into place in sometimes live water (merrimac river), ice chunks that chew off blades, etc. Plus they run folk and coolers and gascans around and take home the trash.
Whoever I stole the outboard and wheel from, I'll make my own fairly soon and maybe post this.
www.americanworkboat.com for the real boat
Attachments
M200=001.JPG
These are in production
jonathan62

Postby jonathan62 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:27 am

And my little scream. All dxf in max old stuff. not too much translated. Except the windows work here where nothing else does.
I do have some nice renders of this. Well, I used to thing they were pretty sharp.
Attachments
VSF F-29-001.JPG
29' LOD (30' sheet of aluminum)
jonathan62

Postby jonathan62 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:48 pm

really, [Attach to] --->rudders, not in this vessel.
Attachments
VSF Bullnose 002.JPG
jonathan62

Postby jonathan62 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 pm

This is one of my long term projects, I've got updated lines not yet converted into inventor, this was a tentative construction model in 2013, and the original boat was a requested sketch by a local coastal tow and construction company.
38' to come in under the 12meter class
1600hp on 50" wheels (800hp each)
There's an outdated blurb I'm still working on updating and a whole video with better graphics. I'd like to do this as a model.
Attachments
VSF Bullnose 003.JPG
jonathan62

Postby jonathan62 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:19 pm

max architectural model...
Attachments
38 Inshore Square Nose 0307.jpg
jonathan62

Postby jonathan62 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:46 pm

But when the Sea get large and short you must let go or stove in tug and tow (wrecks are all over the place)
So this is designed to pull or push (and we'd like to see on the hip as well).
Attachments
38 Inshore Square Nose 0308.jpg
jonathan62

Postby Axeonalias » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:57 am

Great Looking Little Tug! Really accurate work!
Axeonalias

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby jonathan62 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Hmm, I think I've heard you say same
"Just had a lot of time"
but
Thanks, I have a way to go to get the boat to look like that in real life or VSF (LOL)
jonathan62

Next

Return to VSF Vehicle Development Support