Animations

Are you having problems building or configuring a vehicle addon for VSF or would you like to discuss techniques? This is where to do it!

Animations

Postby Victor » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:12 am

There are some nice examples of animations in Silja's MS Star. i am sure there are in other models as well but .....I was impressed by the realism of the ramp opening and closing and the bow doors. Someone has asked, a long time ago, the possibility of having two anchors, working independently. I don't think has ever been implemented. Would it be possible to have an animated anchor ? i.e when you release the anchor it leaves the ship and the chain follows it into the water and the opposite , of course. This would be nice the icing on the cake would be the ability to select which anchor.Food for thought .

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: Animations

Postby varoun » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:20 pm

I honestly think they are far more other areas that can be improved or needed in VSF.
Having more than one independent anchors does seem cool though..... especially choosing which 1.
Some models have that anchor animation feature already... but obviously dropped up to a certain point as it was only a simple animation.
Sharpy's latest yachts.. Maltese and Athena features the ''anchor drop'' feature. Obviously not the animation itself but the final outcome is still the same. :)

ps. Maybe in the future, an update might include getting 2 independent anchors [the cables] by having 2 cable elements and setting their coordinates in the elements file and choosing which one [or both] to use via the ''d'' key... like how we normally choose which dock cables or when anchoring ;)
VAROUN

Lets save this forum and make it active as before!!
varoun

Postby ChiefEngOff » Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm

I've only just noticed this post by Victor about an animated anchor. I assume you mean an anchor that drops when pressing the anchor key.

My vessels, the Redgate and Westgate have an animated anchor by pressing CTRL+A. This does not actually anchor the vessel but just adds it visually, the anchor drops and the chain follows it.

It would be nice to have this animation to be able to work with the anchor key but there appears no way to do it yet.

All the best,
'Chief'
ChiefEngOff

Postby Victor » Mon May 29, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks, chief. I'll have a look next time I fire up VSFex

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Return to VSF Vehicle Development Support