How to make stern doors/doors?

Are you having problems building or configuring a vehicle addon for VSF or would you like to discuss techniques? This is where to do it!

How to make stern doors/doors?

Postby tiger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello,
I using now also the vehicle simulator and would like to integrate my ships from vs in the vsf.
How is it possible to insert the moving parts of ferries in vsf?
Is there a simple way?
tiger

Re: How to make stern doors/doors?

Postby pascal72 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:30 am

Hello,

Your Schwerin seems to sail nicely in VSF, the stern door moves with the joystick as elevator but you can directly put a tag in your model as "foldl" which allows to specify the angle in the config file and plays with ctrl-F ( doorl and doorr could work also but you can keep them for the Bridge doors ) :

the "has deck" fonction in VSF (vehicle.cfg file) allows to load and sail with other vehicles inside .. here, you can unload the jeep on ground and drive it, that's cool :

cheers
pascal72

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby tiger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am

Thanks for the replay.
Nice to see the SS Schwerin working in VSF.

Youre using the stern door like in VS as "elevator"?

When I´m using the elevator file, I can´t change the position of the stern door with the x;y and z axxis.
It is looking like this.

And what means "foldl"? Should I make a text file namend "foldl"? What is than the Name of the door file?

Maybe its easy, but in the moment I can´t understand it :oops:

I know the "has deck" option,its an nice file, yes.
tiger

Postby pascal72 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Hello,

Yes, in my last screen above the stern door is moving with the joystick as an elevator because your model is built like that.. the only thing I did is to add the following lines in the vehicle . cfg (to avoid the jeep falling in water) :

1.00 [has_deck]
7.5 [deck_alt]

Unlike in VS, there is no need to have separate parts (unlike you want to use the "components" system) : you must work with your whole model and give to the wanted animated parts the correct tag (name) , this is the easiest way :

in the example above you just name the corresponding part "foldl" and it will be exported with the whole model (animated with Ctrl-F ).. as it is normally a wing folding move for a plane, you must rotate the pivot in the same way (turning forward to right) : for a stern door you can use foldr .. here is the move in VSF with the Ctrl-F control :

As you can see with the shadows on the deck, the Humvee and the Jeep are 2 separated vehicles which can be transported and unloaded easily from the LCAC. Of course you can name your part elevatorl if you want to move it with the stick, but with the tag foldl you can define the angle of the door's rotation with the following parameter into the vehicle.cfg file (2 is the value in radians) : 2 [folds_angle]

a part named doorl will work in the same way and with this config parameter : 2 [doors_angle]

cheers
pascal72

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to VSF Vehicle Development Support