small SS Clyde Puffer

In here you can post about your exciting VSF vehicle projects.

small SS Clyde Puffer

Postby George_BMF » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello All,k.
These small steam powered ships work on low waters like rivers and coastal regions (Scotland). Only few of this type ships survive to present days, some of them restored for attractions. There is a different versions and rebuildings on the base ship. The funnel, -in front of cab is reserved mark of all "Puffer" silhouettes, but it causes view difficulties. In some ships there is reconstructions with funnel behind the cab.
George

George_BMF

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: small SS Clyde Puffer

Postby Sailorjohn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Nice one, George! As I recall, there were at least two of these in VS...one of which I've imported to VSF...a slightly larger one, with a skiff on the cabin top. I recall seeing a number of these during a port call to Edinburgh/Leith Docks in '62 aboard the barque Eagle.
Sailorjohn

Postby Jonatan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:10 am

Great work. Small Puffers rarely had telegraphs, they had a steam valve and reverse lever in the wheelhouse allowing the captain to change speed and direction on his own. Their name derives from the single-cylinder engines they originally used with the exhaust routed up the stack to provide draft, their sound was like that of a steam locomotive.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby George_BMF » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 am

Thank You!
The model is not finished yet. I have to put anchor crane on the forecastle, and few another details.
the telegraph that i use is just basic object for future use in another ships. I try to found some information about cab, but unfortunatelly i did not found :( , so this is the reason to use global objects in empty cab. In the future if i found more info, everything will be like original.

George
George_BMF

Postby Trinicrafter10 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi!
Wonderful ship! May I have just a beta download? Please? ;)
A mirror reflects you, not others.
Trinicrafter10

Postby Trinicrafter10 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh, sorry..
Didn't realise that I bumped it :?
Trinicrafter10

Postby rjh77 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:18 pm

I've just joined this forum as a result of seeing the images of your Clyde Puffer. Congratulations on this. It looks excellent in the images. I've also only recently purchased and started using Vehicle Simulator, so I am not sure how tings work. My question is: can obtain/purchase your excellent Clyde Puffer VIC 32 (I frequently see the actual boat in summer on the River Clyde), and if so, can you tell me how to proceed? Apologies for asking what must seem to other forum members such elementary questions!
rjh77

Postby Trinicrafter10 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:32 pm

rjh77 wrote:I've just joined this forum as a result of seeing the images of your Clyde Puffer. Congratulations on this. It looks excellent in the images. I've also only recently purchased and started using Vehicle Simulator, so I am not sure how tings work. My question is: can obtain/purchase your excellent Clyde Puffer VIC 32 (I frequently see the actual boat in summer on the River Clyde), and if so, can you tell me how to proceed? Apologies for asking what must seem to other forum members such elementary questions!

Hey there,
I asked as well to obtain this, and nobody seemed to reply, perhaps due to the fact it has been inactive recently. There might be a chance of getting a reply, but personally I think it will be in the medium range :) Hope this helps.
Trinicrafter10

Postby rjh77 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks for this. Here's hoping we might hear something!
rjh77

Postby Trinicrafter10 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:37 pm

rjh77 wrote:Thanks for this. Here's hoping we might hear something!

Yeah, it's about time people started to talk again. Here seems quite exceptionally quieter than usual, not sure if it's just me.
Trinicrafter10

Next

Return to VSF Vehicle WIPs