Important Announcement for 3/14/2012

In here you can post about your exciting VSF vehicle projects.

Important Announcement for 3/14/2012

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember a time when this forum was once thriving with life and every topic had open, friendly discussion going on. Members were active and mostly friendly.

Ilan himself has noticed that the forum has begun to go into a rapid decline (I myself as well as a few others) have noticed its decline over the past few years. Over the years, we have lost alot of our loyal old "sea dogs" from the old forum and even now some of our current members are returning less and less frequently. And the members that do join are highly restricted to what they can do as soon as they join (for instance, new members can not post freely until their first 10 posts are approved and new members can not send Private Messages until they have a certain amount of posts.) This and many other things Nemo and I hope to change.

Recently I sent Ilan an email asking him about what he would like to do or what Nemo and i could do in order to bring the forum out of the slump it is currently in and Ilan has said "you have my blessing to make any thing you find possible to revive the forum."

And so with that, Ilan has allowed us to make changes to the rules and guidelines (both major and minor) and we are going to try and work together to make this forum more "Member Friendly" and see what we can do to eliminate all of the Negativity towards the forum that i am constantly hearing outside of this forum. I have also alerted Ilan about this and this is also why he is letting me do this.

Right now, we are wanting to know your concerns and ideas you have in order to make this forum much cleaner and more user friendly...Your messages WILL BE READ and your ideas WILL be taken into consideration and we will try and work with you to see what we can make work and not work over the next few weeks. We want you to be able to speak more freely on here, and right now is a time for you to voice your opinions and ideas directly to us. They are not going to be judged or ignored and these ideas will definitely help us.

Sam and I do not want everyone on here to think of us as just moderators. We are also members here too and we are going to make sure other member's voices and opinions count and are respected.

So while you are looking through, take time to message Sam (Nemo) or myself, and let us know what kind of problems you have had on the forums (past or presently) and give us some ideas on what we can do to help not only you, but every new member that joins.

If you have questions, concerns or comments, you may contact me or Sam on here , and please do not feel afraid to say anything. You have a voice and you have a right to be heard.
Were you in the boat when the boat tipped over?
No, silly. I was in the water!
Andrew
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Return to VSF Vehicle WIPs