VSF- Proposed Tornado Mod

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
Khaalid350

VSF- Proposed Tornado Mod

Post by Khaalid350 »

Greetings fellow VSF users. I have enjoyed this simulator for a number of years. In creating a scenery inspired by the U.S state of Oklahoma, I have experimented with the design parameters for the thermals that we know and love, and that gave me the following idea: What if we could include a tornado as a scenery object? It would be similar to the thermal but would be modified to look and behave like a tornado.

With regard to the existing features, as I’m sure you are aware, you can place thermals as stationary scenery objects. In addition to placing them, one can modify the width, or diameter, of the thermal, as well as its wind velocity. The screenshot below shows a custom-designed thermal that is of the size and has the approximate core wind velocity that one would expect from a tornado.

https://imgur.com/a/kT5jfIz

I’ve been able to modify thermals in the simulator so that they are up to 1.6km (1 mile) in diameter, with powerful updraft winds comparable to a major tornado. The following screenshot demonstrates this extreme example.

https://imgur.com/FIvTldv

I was wondering if it’s possible that Ilan could design, based on the thermal, a tornado-like scenery object that could at least have the appearance, if not the approximate properties of a tornado. If there could be a rotating updraft modeled, or simply a rotating wind-field that could be designed around the tornado object, that would be incredible, and offer a new possibility for scenery customization.

Vehicle Simulator has the ability to produce thunderstorm conditions, and volumetric clouds are included, so a tornado, even as a stationary scenery object, would be a great addition and make the simulator even more multifaceted.

I admit I have been encouraged by seeing other simulators and computer games incorporating even simple tornado designs, even if they weren’t designed as a severe weather simulator. I know its quite an ask to have a whole VSF update, but if it can be done within the existing parameters of the game, it could be made as a downloadable scenery object and released on its own as an add-on.

I do hope Ilan sees this, and I thank him in advance for creating such a wonderful simulator, as well as potentially considering what I have proposed.