How real can we get?

Is there a specific vehicle you would like to see in VSF? Perhaps you could add it to the wishlist. Please remember to provide as much information about the vehicle as possible to increase your chances of someone taking on the project.

How real can we get?

Postby o2jmpr » Fri May 13, 2016 12:13 am

How real do you think we can get with this?

I envision a future simulator where I can heave to, go below and walk in the galley, open the cooler and retrieve eggs, get a can of Spam and fry them on the stove while making coffee and toast. (All supplies can be reloaded in any port.) I would Eat leisurely while listening to NOAA weather report (dynamic weather of course). Afterward, I may need to make a head call where the toilet is flushable, sink runs water and soap dispenser is handy. Oops, I ate too much and now I'm tired. Only course of action is to get in my bunk and use Oculus or TrackIR to show me actually lying in a rack while I read a magazine I grabbed from the bookshelf.

How long do you think it will be before intricately animated details like these are a virtual reality in a simulator like this?
o2jmpr

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: How real can we get?

Postby Yours Truly » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:03 am

50 years plus.
Yours Truly

Postby Jonatan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Your best bet for a Real Life Simulator is to get a real boat and do it in real life.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby kevins » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Sounds like you need a boat
kevins

Postby o2jmpr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:40 am

There's something to be said for turning on a computer and being transported into another world and then being able to turn off and go back to life. :D

I did get the VR headset up and running, but I'm STILL waiting for my new PC to be built and before I can test it out. I'm super excited to go VR with the game!
o2jmpr

Return to VSF Vehicle Wishlist