Version 2.6.5 changed Physics for ships?

This is where new releases of VSF will be announced. Please post bug reports here as well.

Version 2.6.5 changed Physics for ships?

Postby CommanderNili » Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi all, I updated VSF recently to version 2.6.5. I noticed a strange and worrying bug. One of my ships is an LCAC (Zubr Class). In the previous versions my ship would sail normally at 60 knots with only a minor bumpiness. I run her in the new version and the poor thing literally took off for some meters, then started bouncing until it capsized. The weather was flat (no waves), I even unchecked the "show waves" option but nothing. So was there a change in the physics of the game? I tested it again and again. She behaves like a mad rhib on a rough sea. Please if anyone has some idea about this feature(?) let us know. Thank you!
CommanderNili

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: Version 2.6.5 changed Physics for ships?

Postby CommanderNili » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:44 pm

I couldn't figure out if there was a problem with the new VSF version after all. However, I managed to overcome the "take off" problem after switching from properties to elements. Thus I had the flexibility to shape the boat in a way that it behaves like a hovercraft. Now she runs smoothly at 60+ knots. Check the "VSF releases" subforum.
CommanderNili

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to VSF Releases