Version 1.8 is here we have multi engine and weapon realism

This is where new releases of VSF will be announced. Please post bug reports here as well.

Re: Version 1.8 is here we have multi engine and weapon realism

Postby Sailorjohn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 am

I've just received an email response from Ilan regarding the beta/gama parameters in weapons cfg. He confirms that they are now reversed from VS, and says the bug was in fact in VS, not VSF. So the reversed logic starting with VSF 1.8 is here to stay. What this means is that any armed vehicle imported from VS or created for VSF prior 1.8, having any weapons fixed in train or elevation with beta/gama values other than 0, will not work properly without editing the weapon.cfg file as follows: Reverse old values for [beta_base] and [gama_base], reversing signs as well.

Edit: Just learned 1.8.2 is out, among other things restoring the VS beta/gama parameters...so disregard the above cautionary tale! Glad I hadn't changed more than I did; now I can undo them again!!!
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: Version 1.8 is here we have multi engine and weapon realism

Postby Sailorjohn » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

One other thing, Maddmax...you say you're using a demo of 1.8.3. VSF is now at 1.8.9, and the things you are criticizing have long since been changed. I'd say using the demo is not a good way to assess the program. I've been both a professional and recreational mariner for longer than you, and for me, this program is 1000% better than VS.
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Previous

Return to VSF Releases