VSF Version is 2.4.5

This is where new releases of VSF will be announced. Please post bug reports here as well.

Re: VSF Version is 2.4.5

Postby Jonatan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:02 pm

From what I can understand, this will make large scale naval battles possible. As well as coast guns, airfield FLAK's etc. I for one thanks for this update.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Jonatan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Well I tried the axis_allies thing. I couldn't find any documentation on how it works but found that adding it to vehicles with the value set to 1 doesn't stop them shooting at eachother. A bit of a bummer unless I'm missing something. A similar function would be welcome in scripts as well to bind vehicles togeather as a unit and engage the enemy in unision.

How does the weapon objects work? Are they a separate weapons folder within the scenery or a combined file? I couldn't find it in the objects editor. I'd like to put out some fortifications my ships can shoot at.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby Jonatan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:54 am

I emailed him too with things as I found them. As far as I know about the features, the axis_allies needs to enable nearby allied vehicles to not fire at you, even if you fire at, over or around them. This also need to be true for scripts, so they engage any and all enemies with the "engage all" command but no allies. While all enemy vehicles focus their fire on any vehicle that isn't their ally.
To avoid confusion it might even be a good idea to have either [allied] or [axis] by itself so the sim knows which is which. Still, this could only enable two fighting sides. Or [team] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

The weapon land objects would benefit from being placed within the sim for easy placement, and a weapon folder within the scenery to avoid cluttering the weapons folder in VSF root.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby ilan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Jonatan,

Yes, very good points, i will add these to the next update soon,
i did not complete these functions and did not want to delay it further
so as not to delay the two fantastic aircraft made by John.

Ilan
Thank you,

Ilan Papini
Quality Simulations
http://www.hangsim.com
http://www.qualitysimulations.com
ilan

Postby Jonatan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:00 am

Ok, it will be interesting to see what happens.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Return to VSF Releases