New Version 2.4.6, Released

This is where new releases of VSF will be announced. Please post bug reports here as well.

Re: New Version 2.4.6, Released

Postby Bartolomeus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Nice, thx for the info Deutschmark!
Bartolomeus

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby MuLtIrAzOr138 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 am

Thanks Deutschmark for this update! finally i can customize the Ranger's Stores up to 24 weapons! :D :) ;) :o :lol: :twisted:
MuLtIrAzOr138

Postby Jonatan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Bugs I encountered was the prop wash as already mentioned, they stay at the stern of the ship regardless of propeller placement and even if props are far below or far above water, such as in heavy swell. Wash is also NOT subjected to boat size and stays the same regardless. A connection to the "prop_wash" parameter in the elements.cfg would be preffered to control its scale. The same parameter should exist within the vehicle.cfg as well.

Also encountered a strange lockup and crash when moving a ship under fire from scenery weapons. I had placed a number of Old_Cannon at the Calvi citadel and as I moved my ship closer the game froze, this happened every time I tried this. In the end I was forced to remove the cannons. Weapons that were destroyed also had their fired projectile still hanging in the air emitting smoke.

Scenery weapons also fire at civilian ships, this must be dealt with as this behavior does not occur even between armed ships unless fired upon. Armed ships should respond to scenery weapon fire.

Weapons should be recognized when placed within a scenery, just as weapons are when placed within the folder of a vehicle. This would come in handy to store everything within one folder for easy installation.

EDIT: Crash bug seems to happen regardless of vehicle or weapon.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby Sailorjohn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 am

I had a similar experience to Jon. Imported the AA gun weapon into a scenery. Brought in 3 battle tanks, scripted to attack waypoint A (the AA gun). As they approached, the AA gun automatically opened fire...and VSF crashed! When I operated a single tank and attacked the AA gun, the gun destroyed my tank...but no program crash. But when multiple scripted tanks approach, right after AA gun opens fire, VSF crashes.
Sailorjohn

Postby Sailorjohn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:25 am

Totally unrelated to the weapons crash described above, I note that in addition to the prop splash added...there is a new, more intense bowsplash. While I think it looks good on some vessels, it's probably too big and intense for small, slow vessels. Furthermore, it seems to originate further forward of the vessel. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I would hope that VSF will accept a custom bowsplash in the specific vehicle folder...and bowsplash placement still be adjusted via editing the profile.dds, as before.
Sailorjohn

Postby MuLtIrAzOr138 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 am

I wish in the next update wing sweep can be featured :lol: so we can manually sweep the F-14,Panavia Tornado,The F-111,or the XB-70 :o :o
MuLtIrAzOr138

Postby Jonatan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:23 pm

SJ I noticed the excessive bow wake too, I prefered the old one.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby calypso » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Many thanks for the update.

I too am not happy with the bow wave.

More like a smoke effect than a wave.

I really hope we can choose to have the old one back.

John
calypso

Postby MuLtIrAzOr138 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:34 am

The Ranger, When i tested in this version, has a large bow splash. But it is a little larger for a ship that is 20 ft long and 400 tons light. Also if i could edit this, i will put bowsplash_scale so we can modify the large bow-splash to become smaller. :)
MuLtIrAzOr138

Return to VSF Releases