VSF 2.5.5

This is where new releases of VSF will be announced. Please post bug reports here as well.

VSF 2.5.5

Postby Sailorjohn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 pm

New VSF update out today, 5 Feb 14:

Changes for version 2.5.5
Bug Fixes and new features:

Cars and boats can drive in reverse using auto pilot, trains can drive backwards on tracks.
Added a lighting panel for boats and planes, added netplay state for them, added digital instrument dglights.
Fixed rotor rpm display on HUD, effects all rotary craft.
The anchor is placed below anchor attachment point and not below center of ship.
Added scale factor to animals, using [scale] inside animal.cfg.
Added future DLL loading without crash.
Boats can have steering wheels, using tag names steer, steer1, steer2, steer3.
Flat lights and Beams work for back sector as well.
Towing back to back made possible ( as in VS ).
Updated calculation for variable pitch propeller, reduced negative thrust and increased wind milling rpm.
New gallery dialog allows quicker selection of vehicles.
Parachute size can be set using [parachute_scale] in vehicle.cfg.
Parachute attachment point can be adjusted in vehicle.cfg using [parachute_x], [parachute_y], [parachute_z].
New sail dialog added, showing control of sails, reef, wind and efficiency, pressing S shows this dialog.
Fixed gps goto functions ( goto mob, goto wpt).
Added HSI instrument, allowing panels to show VOR/ILS and auto pilot heading.
Forecast made random each loading of situation or starting of program.
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: VSF 2.5.5

Postby Bartolomeus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 am

Yes, a light panel. Thank you for adding this feature Ilan! ;)

Marko
Bartolomeus

Postby spookymufu » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:26 pm

the animal scale doesnt seem to work with negative number, to make the animals smaller then their models, only bigger
spookymufu

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby Dom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:15 pm

And have you tried decimals? 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc. (I've not had the time to update yet but it was one of the long awaited feature).

Dom.

Formerly known as Dom ...just in case I follow this currently ongoing silly trend of changing one's screen name...
Dom

Postby spookymufu » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Dom wrote:And have you tried decimals? 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc. (I've not had the time to update yet but it was one of the long awaited feature).

Dom.

no I havent tried that but wouldnt that still "grow" the model rather then shrink it?
spookymufu

Postby Nemo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:20 pm

If it's like smokes, where 1 is the default size, if you try numbers such as 0.5, it will get smaller. I'm sure the system will be the same for the animal scale factor.
Nemo
Global Moderator

Postby spookymufu » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 pm

k it seems you can only go as small as 0.5, anything below that and the animal doesnt show up at all......so yes, 0.5 up to 1 does make it smaller....
spookymufu

Postby Sailorjohn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 pm

0.3048 would be the correct [scale] for converting VS animals to VSF. I've done that successfully for some animals, like gulls, terns, etc...but can't get flying fish to work in VSF. Assumed maybe it's the combination of plus and minus alt values, but maybe it's the scale issue Spook mentioned, affecting only some animals. Further testing may help..."The truth is out there..."

Early impressions are mostly positive...cargo now seems to survive crossing scenery boundaries...weather does randomize without getting 'hung up' in a loop (BTW, if you restart 'last saved', weather will have randomly changed, but if you restart a named-and-saved situation, weather at startup is as it was, but will gradually randomize)...sail functionality seems improved, and sails seem to draw in tighter beating to windward. Still a lot more to test and play with.
Sailorjohn

Postby PATDAUBER » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 am

Ilian i have a problem. VSF 2.5.5 don't work on my PC with Windows7 family PREMIUM 6.1 SP1 !
I 've got the same with VSF2.5.3, only VSF2.5.2 worw well.
VSF don't start, it's bug on vehicle indexing.
Could you help me

Thaanks
PATRICK
PATDAUBER

Postby Jason Simpson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:44 am

I don't know whats happened with this update, but it looks like my computer doesn't like it. I can't control the colour of the ocean anymore (although the colour selectors are there, they don't do anything). I also can't view the inside of a cockpit/ship anymore. My HUD when I press the H key is a huge green square in the middle of the screen. I can't use the mouse wheel to zoom in/out anymore. These are the only ones that I've found so far before VSF crashed on me. I'm doing a reboot and will try it all again.

System:
Intel Core i7 3.40Ghz
16Gb RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 4Gb 128Bit Video

Anyone else having any issues ??
Jason Simpson
Simpson's Virtual Slipways
http://www.simpsonslipways.com
Jason Simpson

Next