Important Announcement for 3/14/2012

If you have released a new addon for VSF, please announce it here.

Re: Important Announcement for 3/14/2012

Postby Dom » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I like the second logo much better, it's a nice one, but perhaps with a different and more readable font (the Ethnocentric one -my official one! lol - of your first logo but put onto the second one would be fine to me). I would add a thin border (2 pixels wide maximum, RGB value of 0,0,100) around the logo though.

But please: NO background at all! That's eyes tiring and it is NOT professional at all. Keep the forum sober. (This is a professional business since this is the official forum here).

Dom.

Formerly known as Dom ...just in case I follow this currently ongoing silly trend of changing one's screen name...
Dom

Postby Andrew » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Could not agree more with you Dom. I do like these pictures and background alot. But i unfortunately do not think its such a good idea to implement them into the forum as this is a business. I have emailed Ilan with a list of new skins i selected because a new look for the forums will show everyone some big changes have been made, both internally and externally. So he is going to see what can be done.
Were you in the boat when the boat tipped over?
No, silly. I was in the water!
Andrew
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby DevinRodrigues » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Dom wrote:I like the second logo much better, it's a nice one, but perhaps with a different and more readable font (the Ethnocentric one -my official one! lol - of your first logo but put onto the second one would be fine to me). I would add a thin border (2 pixels wide maximum, RGB value of 0,0,100) around the logo though.

But please: NO background at all! That's eyes tiring and it is NOT professional at all. Keep the forum sober. (This is a professional business since this is the official forum here).

Dom.

Yah the Background isnt as good as my forums background lol i didnt wanna copy it and it took like 3 min lol i could do better but ill edit the logo:

here:

DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby -=RitwiK=- » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:49 am

Hello

I am a professional Web-designer,I have done many websites.I saw the post about the new look of forums.If you want I can design the bestst theme for Quality Simulations Forums.There will be no charges.It will be free for you ;)
Sorry for my past, I promise to be a good user from today till my end.
-=RitwiK=-

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Thanks Ritwik, but Ilan is quite happy with the current theme. But if we decide to change themes again in the future, i will look you up. :) I am currently working on a list of problems to send to Ilan and seeing what he can do about some of the things i can not do by myself.
Were you in the boat when the boat tipped over?
No, silly. I was in the water!
Andrew
Global Moderator

Postby Bromstarzan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Good to see there is still life at this site. I love this concept and check in from time to time to see what's new (and old). Also still do a little of navigating with some of the high quality (ship) addons around.

I scanned thru this thread and do agree with most of what's been said. Also, I find the forum a little hard to navigate and can understand people are leaving seeing posts displayed on the top rows are dated to 2009 etc. I personally do sceneries (landscapes) and lost momentum a while back (pretty much with the last update) when I failed in an attempt to upload a 70 Mb representation of Svalbard. I think it is all due to me, but was just too lazy to engage myself any further.

The question is if we are to expect any further development of the VSF core engine/feauture in the near future? A "yes" alone would inspire modders and creators to continue on their projects. Hopefully with a forum overhaul we find a spark that can ignite the community again and inspire Ilan to continue developing this little masterpiece. I've had my share of the ShipSim series but the only one I keep coming back to is, yes; VSF! :D

Keep up the good work!
Bromstarzan

Postby spookymufu » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 am

please please please please, I'm begging you, please add a "go to first new post since last visit" button, please
spookymufu

Postby DevinRodrigues » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 am

I agree with you spooky!
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Postby duarn » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi :|

my first account in Vs forum dated from 2004.

I was banned two years ago, then my account was deleted

it is difficult to participate in a forum when you are banned and then with your account deleted.

Sadly, accordingly, I totally abandoned my 3D works for VSF...
duarn

Postby DevinRodrigues » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey Duran I was in the same position as you probley exatley just jump back in :D
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to VSF Addon Releases