USS Nimitz RELEASE

If you have released a new addon for VSF, please announce it here.

Re: USS Nimitz RELEASE

Postby RobbyNeath » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Delete the "stores" file that's the way i managed to delete it :-)

Robert
RobbyNeath

Postby bennymaeker » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 pm

okay. thank you

Sorry for my bad english
bennymaeker

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby MuLtIrAzOr138 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:13 am

Deutschmark wrote:
MuLtIrAzOr138 wrote:YES!!!! but no :(
because i cant use it sometimes 'cause of her detail (190,000 Polys?! i cant use it in VSF :( )
Wish you could convert a concorde with interior and separate droop nose(the last concorde made by JFCL is both the landing gear and the nose is both retracting(suggestion:Make the nose an animation, though you can do the real thing, or use flaps :) :geek: ) and also, the model is good! still it's Rating for me is : 8.3 / 10.0 cause it has the poly(yes, i knew about the planes, i am angry if i cannot remove the vehicles that tow the hornets.............argh!!! :evil:) and i thought it has a catapult for launching :( :( :(

jafergon made a very nice ship here and it runs great on both my PCs on my high end PC I can run it with all and get 80 plus FPS, on my low end PC and its very low end, 1 core AMD 3.5, 2 gigs RAM and GF 6500 card with 512 RAM on it and the base ship with nothing on it and am getting 20 to 25 FPS, so your PC if you cant run this must be even lower then my low end PC and if it is then I would have to say you might think of up grading your PC to at lease the same as my low end one.

Deutschmark

I can Run his nimitz lowest 3 fps :( :) i have 2.66 Ghz Celeron intel G41 Chipset and 892 MB RAM
MuLtIrAzOr138

Postby Bartolomeus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Thx for the update Deutschmark. Now, I just have to wait for your F-14. ;)

Nice to hear about the catapult update, sounds great.

Marko
Bartolomeus

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Sailorjohn » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for the arrestor, DM!
BTW, I'm running Nimitz, fully outfitted with about 70-80 planes, crew, extra vehicles, etc...in company with USS Bunker Hill, USS Port Royal, USS Chafee, and HMAS Newcastle (US Knox class frigate), maxxed graphics, 25-30 fps! I'm going to try a landing next...could get ugly. Think I may start with a COD flight first, before I tackle F-14/F-18! I've been thinking about a launch, too. Glad to hear about the catapult; I was planning to turn upwind with about 25 kts true wind, flank speed (35 kts), for a relative wind of 60kts...to see if I could get a jet up using full flight deck.

Jafergon, I wonder if you'd consider activating weapons on Nimitz...particularly the CIDS and RAM antimissle systems already modelled in place? That's the only thing I can think of that you could conceivably do to improve upon an already spectacular model. VSF does a pretty decent job with weapon ballistics. At least I would hope that your DDG would be armed.
Sailorjohn

Postby MuLtIrAzOr138 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:37 am

[at] Sailorjohn i wish there is a catapult too for Nimitz(and Big E(but she is a lower poly ship)) :) ;)
MuLtIrAzOr138

Postby Jason Simpson » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 am

bennymaeker wrote:Hi. What is that? How I can remove that?

I think what your problem is here, is that you also have my USS NIMITZ installed. I was going to mention this earlier, but decided not to. What your best bet is to uninstall USS NIMITZ, then reinstall one of them, or rename one of them to USS_Nimitz1 or something like that.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason
Jason Simpson
Simpson's Virtual Slipways
http://www.simpsonslipways.com
Jason Simpson

Postby jafergon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Next weekend I´ll release an updated version and I´ll rename it to "USS Nimitz CVN68" in order to avoid conflicts with Jason's one. As a matter of fact I planned to change the name for that purpose before the intitial release, but I forgot to do it. I´ll also include the new cfg and a new file structure, now that Ilan has included the possibility to add an remove custom elements while running the game, as well as a missing texture (Thanks Ilan!).

As for weapons, I intend to add some 50cal machine guns for self protection and RAM missiles, but not in a near future. I´m currently focused on my scenery project.

Thanks again for your feedback and comments!!!

Javier
jafergon

Postby danim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Wonderful carrier and I am amazed at just how well it runs
danim

Postby parker78 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Hello,
is waw! beautiful . incredible optimization 45fps with my config 3 years :o . .
thank you
parker78

PreviousNext

Return to VSF Addon Releases