Release! The HMAV Bounty - Freeware/Donationware

If you have released a new addon for VSF, please announce it here.

Release! The HMAV Bounty - Freeware/Donationware

Postby Nemo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm

The HMAV Bounty was a small merchant vessel purchased by the Royal Navy for a botanical mission to Tahiti, to supply breadfruit trees to the slaves in the West Indies as a cheap source of food. She was originally a collier known as Bethia, built in 1784 in Hull, and in 1787 she was refitted and renamed as the Bounty, and armed with four 4-pounder cannons, and ten swivel guns.
The Bounty lives on today as being famous for the mutiny that occured on the 28th of April, 1789, where the crew, led by Fletcher Christian, mutinied against commanding officer Lieutenant William Bligh, due to his (according to most accounts) harsh treatment of the crew. Christian and the mutineers set Bligh and 18 of the 22 men loyal to him adrift in the ship's launch, while they fled to Tahiti, and back to the idylic live they envisioned for themselves in the South Pacific. Bligh and his men then undertook and epic 6,710km voyage to Timor in the Dutch East Indies, with only a quadrant and pocket watch, in what is regarded as one of the greatest feats of navigation in maritime history. Christian and the mutineers sailed the Bounty to Tahiti, whereupon they took a number of Tahitian men and woman, and one baby, to an incorrectly charted island, Pitcairn Island, to build a new lives for themselves.

My model of the HMAV Bounty features a realistic, detailed deck, working weapons, detailed furled sail models, moving flags, custom sound effects, and full bump mapping.

Tips:
You can get a creaky wooden ship ambience by turning on the engine and putting the throttle on full. The engine won't move the ship, but is there for the sounds should you wish to use it.

When sailing, winds over 20 kts call for 90% reefing, and another 10% reefing for every additional 2-3 kts of wind.
Reef the sails when the heel exceeds 30 degrees or so.

Special thanks:
Special thanks to Sailor John, for once again providing me with a fantastic CFG and elements file, and also setting up her weapons so she can behave properly in game. He also helped by giving pointer and tips on improving her, which I really appreciated. Seriously, without his help she wouldn't sail realistically (I couldn't do a good cfg/elements to save my life!), and weapons wouldn't be as good as they are.
Special thanks to Dom, too, for pointers on improving texture realism.
I'd also like to thank the Quality Simulations forum, for their continued support and comments during the course of the project.

If you download, please leave a comment/say thanks. I chose to release, because I'm sure others would enjoy her, and it's nice to get a "thanks", it's something I appreciate :)
She's released as freeware/donationware, so you can download her for free and say thanks, and that's all, or if you really enjoy her you can send me a donation of what you think she's worth to my PayPal (link below).

All you need to do is place the HMAV_Bounty folder into your vehicles folder. Don't move the panel and instrument folders, or the weapons folder, from inside the HMAV_Bounty folder, they've been targeted there, so must remain there.

Click here to download

Click here to donate
(click on the link on the right hand navigation bar after following the link)

I do hope you all enjoy her :) I've put a lot of work into creating an accurate model of the Bounty.
I'm looking forward to some nice screenshots! Just don't work your crew too hard, they may mutiny!
Nemo
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: Release! The HMAV Bounty - Freeware/Donationware

Postby kostas11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 pm

An excellent and accurate work!!!!
i download and keep her in my archive. A big thank you, Nemo and for everyone invole in this work :)
kostas11

Postby pijlmans » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:22 am

what an absolute beauty she is, its a plesure sailing with her, cant thank you enough.
He who turns around, always pulls the blankets.
pijlmans

Postby Jason Simpson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 am

Well done mate, awesome work. I love the attention to detail.
Jason Simpson
Simpson's Virtual Slipways
http://www.simpsonslipways.com
Jason Simpson

Postby Barrelfish » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

Beautiful work, Nemo. Not much else to say, really - except this lovely model deserves an interior, mate!
Dai
Barrelfish

Postby Victor » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Very nice , Nemo. i think we can safely say that Axeonalias has some competition when it comes to sailing vessels.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Postby RobertNeath » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Great Work Nemo!

Will send a Donation over to you next month! :)

Robert
All released add-ons by me: http://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/ship-downloads.html
including: Britannia, Azura, Ventura, Oriana, Aurora, Oceana and Adonia.
Sceneries: Caribbean, New York, Northern Europe.

Robert
RobertNeath

Postby parker78 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Beautiful, thank you!
parker78

Postby spookymufu » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:42 pm

^^^ thats a great shot
spookymufu

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby Nemo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 am

I'm very happy to see you guys enjoying her! :D
I love those screenshot! I really enjoy seeing people use and enjoy my addons! And that's a really awsome shot, Parker78!

At one point in the future, after the next few WIPS I have lined up, I'll be giving her an interior! Perhaps viuutally she'll be able to transports the breadfruit trees?!
Nemo
Global Moderator

Next

Return to VSF Addon Releases