Release! The HMAV Bounty - Freeware/Donationware

If you have released a new addon for VSF, please announce it here.

Re: Release! The HMAV Bounty - Freeware/Donationware

Postby Barrelfish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Nemo wrote:At one point in the future, after the next few WIPS I have lined up, I'll be giving her an interior! Perhaps viuutally she'll be able to transports the breadfruit trees?!

Great news, Nemo! An interior for this beauty will make her perfect....I'm practically drooling at the prospect (not a pretty sight). I can't wait to see what you've got lined up - if they're half as good as Bounty they'll be worth the wait. As you seem to have a real talent for historical ships - your Viking Longship is one of my favourites - and as a fellow Brit maybe you might consider one or two from further back in our glorious maritime past, like the Golden Hind or maybe Mary Rose? Blatant bribe....make 'em donationware and I could get reeeeaaal generous ;)!

Dai
Barrelfish

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Nemo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:24 pm

My current project is a "half-project", I'm redoing my old Black Pearl for VSF, and cutting out a whole bunch of polys, and redoing the texture mapping. I want to cut her polys by around half so she's around the same poly count as Bounty. I've already cut out many thousands! Since it's working on an old model, it's going to be done quickly, I think. After that, and the next project, it may be time to add that interior to Bounty! I do really want to build that interior.
When I was first building for VS, I used to build liners. Now that I've "seen the light" and have been building historical ships, I have no desire to go back! I'm happy you're enjoying my Longship. She was quite a stepping stone for me, actually, in the process of modeling and texturing.
Well, I'm only a half Brit ;) I was born in Australia, to an Australian mum and English dad, and about 2 years ago moved to England with my family. It's funny you should mention the Golden Hind and Mary Rose, as my next project is going to be a galleon! It was great when I saw the raised wreck of the Mary Rose down in Portsmouth, along with seeing the Victory and Warrior.
Aha, veeeery tempting bribe, Dai! ;)
Nemo
Global Moderator

Postby williamson37015 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Excellent job Nemo, it's so realistic! Can't wait to sail her.

-- Martize
williamson37015

Postby Barrelfish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Nemo wrote:I'm redoing my old Black Pearl for VSF

Yaaaaaay!

Nemo wrote:After that, and the next project, it may be time to add that interior to Bounty! I do really want to build that interior.

Yaaaaaaaay - (pauses to wipe unsightly dribble off chin) - yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Nemo wrote:Well, I'm only a half Brit ;) I was born in Australia, to an Australian mum and English dad, and about 2 years ago moved to England with my family.

No worries, cobber, nobody's perfect :lol:

Nemo wrote:It's funny you should mention the Golden Hind and Mary Rose, as my next project is going to be a galleon! It was great when I saw the raised wreck of the Mary Rose down in Portsmouth, along with seeing the Victory and Warrior.

Ahhhh, now you're talking - what a lovely list of ships....you're going to make an old(ish) guy very happy!

Nemo wrote:Aha, veeeery tempting bribe, Dai! ;)

All the best bribes are, my man ;) !

Dai
Barrelfish

Postby athro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm

its a fantastic ship - thankyou - your pictures show the ship flying flags and the RN ensign but when I play it in VSF it has no flags?
athro

Postby Nemo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:02 am

Glad you like her, Martize! :)

you're right, Dai, if I didn't have the half Brit in me, I would be perfect! ;)

No problem, Athro! If you can't see the flags (or rudder, because if you can't see the flags, you won't see that) make sure you haven't moved the instruments folder out of the HMAV_Bounty folder. The flags and rudder are all instruments, so they have to stay inside the instruments folder, inside the HMAV_Bounty folder. Also, in your options in VSF, make sure you have "see panel outside" ticked, because if you see them in F1, but not in F2, that's the problem.
Nemo
Global Moderator

Postby Barrelfish » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:42 am

Nemo wrote:you're right, Dai, if I didn't have the half Brit in me, I would be perfect! ;)

Touche! LoL :lol:

Dai
Barrelfish

Postby Fran » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:01 pm

The link is down. Can someone reload that ship?
Fran

Postby Docteur63 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:13 am

Hello Nemo, I find your work fantastic, but the links to download the HMAV bounty are dead can you give me new ones please
Docteur63

Postby omega » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 pm

The images look amazing, but the link is dead, someone could re-upload it?
omega

PreviousNext

Return to VSF Addon Releases