AP depth hold

If you have ideas for new features in VSF you can post them in here. Please be aware of forum specific guidelines.
Forum rules
Forum rules
- ALLWAYS check here HERE before submitting a new wish (to avoid duplicates)
- Do not post any wishes for vehicles or Scenery in this category!
- Be brief and to the point with the requests .
- Create a new post for each feature and give them appropriate titles.
Please make yourself familiar with these points.

AP depth hold

Postby o2jmpr » Thu May 26, 2016 3:44 pm

I've found a couple mentions of this in posts from many years ago stating submarine depth hold would be implemented to AP in place of the SPEED hold. This is a feature I would use alot.

If anyone can tell me how to tweak a file to make this work, I'll be thrilled to either kiss your sister or provide other means of suitable compensation for your efforts. :D
o2jmpr

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: AP depth hold

Postby o2jmpr » Thu May 26, 2016 6:14 pm

That's what I have been doing, sometimes with great success for up to 45 minutes. Othertimes, it takes about 10 minutes of fiddling to get it neutral only to come back in 5 minutes to see the sub either surfaced or scraping the bottom even with a constant topo.

Well, I guess just add me to list of people what would still like to see that feature implemented in the future.
o2jmpr

Postby o2jmpr » Thu May 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but I just loaded an aircraft in VSF and checked the AP and there are settings for ROC and ALT on the AP for airplanes. Is there still no way to trick my sub into using the AP that was built for the aircraft? By just replacing some files or pointing them to another place maybe? I even tested the AP and the ALT hold WILL go negative (although in 500' increments it seems).
o2jmpr

Postby o2jmpr » Sat May 28, 2016 12:29 am

I did feel a bit like an ass posting the "are you sure" comment. :)

Nothing personal, it's just my ignorance of how games like this are written and assembled. To me, it seemed like it probably wasn't a big deal but after pouring over the file structure of the whole game, I'm starting to get a glimpse into how it works and came to the same conclusion.

I'm still very excited with finding this simulator and it's possibilities. It's hard to be patient. :D
o2jmpr

Postby Victor » Sun May 29, 2016 6:24 am

o2jmpr wrote:
I'm still very excited with finding this simulator and it's possibilities. It's hard to be patient. :D

it is a good product. In order to get the best out of it you need to understand ship handling and behaviour, a bit of marine engineering and a lot of imagination. A new version is being written, as I type. Patience, however is required. Ilan will not be rushed.

Victor
Victor
Forum Administrator

Return to VSF Feature Suggestions