How To Setup G-Max To Make X File For VSF.

All tutorials and "how to's" can be posted in this forum.

Re: How To Setup G-Max To Make X File For VSF.

Postby Jonatan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Will this successfully export material, smoothing and animation properties? As well as avoiding the problem of small objects being deformed when exporting as MD3? It would cut the need for having 3ds max to animate everything.
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby xazoulini1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:46 am

hi everyone...i must say this is a great site:D anyway to my question...i have heard that silent hunter 4 ships can be imported into virtual sailor and vehicle sim....basic i dont know anything about 3d so maybe i will just leave it to your hands.....or i can send the ships i love to convert them for me? please? i dont know what else to go :(
xazoulini1

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Axeonalias » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi xazoulini1 & welcome to the QS Forum,

Thats sounds very interesting, PM me with a link and ill give it a go, would be great to import our boats into SH5.
Axeonalias

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby Dom » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Well, I'm not sure to fully understand what Xazoulini1 wants, but here's what I'd like to say from the way I understand his request:
If that is sending some SH4 ships to members here for importing them into VS or VSF, then that is absolutely prohibed since:
1) Xazoulini1 would then redistribute original SH4 content.
2) It would be prohibed to redistribute the resulting modified content anyway.
So, legally speaking, the only way for him to have SH4 ships into VS or VSF would be to to the conversion job himself without sending anything to someone else.

If that request is about something else, then feel free to clear that up...

Now if that's importing our boats into SH5 as Axeonalias mentions, then that's a different matter, provided the redistribution of the addons concerned is allowed by their respective authors.

Dom.

Formerly known as Dom ...just in case I follow this currently ongoing silly trend of changing one's screen name...
Dom

Postby Axeonalias » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:34 am

xazoulini1 perhaps owns rights to distribute, or is the owner of sh4, or has "special" permission :P
Axeonalias

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby Dom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Axeonalias wrote:xazoulini1 perhaps owns rights to distribute, or is the owner of sh4, or has "special" permission :P

Sure! :) ... Xazoulini1 = Ubisoft. lol
(... and Ubisoft would need to request here for someone else to convert its models for VSF...) :lol:

Dom.

Formerly known as Dom ...just in case I follow this currently ongoing silly trend of changing one's screen name...
Dom

Return to VSF Tutorials