HELP!

Here you may discuss various techniques and post questions concerning scenery development for VSF.

HELP!

Postby RobbyNeath » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Guys,

I've come across yet another problem with the game........ :x

This time with the scnery editor, when adding objects to a scenery once saved and after I reload either the objects or the game, ALL the objects disapear no matter what I do they won't show up even starting from scratch they wont load.

I would't mind if it was a small sceney but since i've been working on it for the past 5-6 months it has caused a big problem and is ******* me off.

Hopefully someone on here can help otherwise I will stop creating sceneries and eventually stop using the game.

Thanks

Robert
RobbyNeath

Re: HELP!

Postby Python » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

SAlute

you say once you save your work you go back in and reload your objects. WHat i do is save my objects if it is a big area say a city I save it as an absolute file. If you go into your scenery and your objects are not there check your objects txt to see if they show on there if you hit load objects under the design mode it will remove stuff or move it to diffrent locations I have done this before it and it moved them all over the place. Another thing you can check is when you load up the scenery check mark the objects box on the map and they will show up as a red X on the map you can check to see if they are there and are just moved around I would start there and work my way around to see if you can locate the problem. I can help you out as I have been doing this for a good while and have run into all kinds of stuff that will screw up your scenery if your not carefull. So post if once you open your scenery then pull up the map and check the objects box to see if any objects are there let me know.
Salute
Python
Python

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby RobbyNeath » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Python

Thanks for your help, but i've managed to sort it out by reloading an older version of the objects just finishing off the last touches to get it up to scratch.

Thanks again

Robert
RobbyNeath

Postby jafergon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I recently had the same problem. In my case the problem was that I used a very long name for one of my objects and because of that, the objects.txt file contained a corrupt line. Once I removed that particular object, the problem was gone.
jafergon

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to VSF Scenery Development Support