Sydney: Fictional Scenery

Are you working on a scenery area for VSF, please post about it here.

Re: Sydney: Open scenery project.

Postby RobbyNeath » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Dom wrote:Nice scenery so far Robby.
However a few observations:
- Of course this scenery will be good with all the navaids and the right depths as well as already mentionned here (but I'm sure you're already aware of that).
- Your png pictures are a real pain to load, please, put then in jpg format, they will be 4 or 5 times smaller octets wise. I's a pity cause this scenery looks nice and I like Sydney for virtually sailing.
- It would be better to upload your betas (Southampton as well) on a server where you don't need to register and mention an email address (even a newly created one for the occasion). Nearly everytime I've to register to read or download something, I stop there (enough spam on my mail boxes).

Keep on the good work anyway.

Dom.

Ah sorry about that Dom I didn't realise you had to register to download them, I'll see what i can do maybe filefront? how are people with FRPS?

Robert
RobbyNeath

Postby Dom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 pm

No problem Robert.
How many Mb is it? If not too big, you can always send me the file (at an email address I'll tell to you, not my regular one which only accept files no bigger than 10Mb) and I'll upload it on my hosting server to allow people here to download it without registering or anything.

Dom.

Formerly known as Dom ...just in case I follow this currently ongoing silly trend of changing one's screen name...
Dom

Postby DevinRodrigues » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 am

Looks Good but i spotted a couple errors and things missing and i know its a beta just tell me if your gonna make it ok so here we go:

Red: Means Incorrect or Just Incomplete
Blue: this peir is way to close its not really even there
Green: WIP Expansion Im hoping!

DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Sydney: Fictional

Postby RobbyNeath » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:23 am

Most of it is fictional. Feel free to add the other dock im not going to edit the depth map. if i do that it'll cause all of the scenery objects to fall out of place.

If people would like a 100% real scenery. then im not the person to ask.
My aim is just to create a basic scenery with few landmarks so it is frps friendly and you get an idea of realism and location.

It is also really difficult to edit the depths on this particular map, to even add half the scenery i had to edit the depths..

Note: I was going to start taking scenery requests but maybe that's a bad idea.

I do have a big list of complete scenery's which i have not released yet including: Port Evaglades, Barbados, Nassau , St Thomas, and St Maarten. All of which aren't 100% accurate but is still playable.

Robert
RobbyNeath

Re: Sydney: Fictional Scenery

Postby DevinRodrigues » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Thats Amazing you should take PIctures,

But I Have a question Would you like to start Madeira Together? Thats where im from and I know its a small port but i would love to help i think a cool thing would be the airport to!
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Postby RobbyNeath » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:45 pm

MVEsperanza wrote:Thats Amazing you should take PIctures,

But I Have a question Would you like to start Madeira Together? Thats where im from and I know its a small port but i would love to help i think a cool thing would be the airport to!

i'll let you know, I did start Mardeira Months ago, I added the port just for basics

Will post a pic soon
RobbyNeath

Postby DevinRodrigues » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Cool If you don't mind may i take over the Madeira Project i would love to make a realistic Madeira, I would want to add the Port Santo Ferry In the back corner and the Hot air balloon and the really cool restaurants
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Postby DevinRodrigues » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 am

Any Updates on the other Cruise Terminal?
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

Postby RobbyNeath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 pm

No major up date as yet tried messing with the deph in the harbour and tried to make it larger.

But other than that not alot really sorry.

But....

RobbyNeath

Postby DevinRodrigues » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 am

What the Heck is that last picture?

I like the expansions it looks good!
DevinRodrigues
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to VSF Scenery WIPs