DIY VSF Game Controller

General support questions about VSF, like installasion, settings etc. can be posted here. Check that the question has not already been raised, first.

DIY VSF Game Controller

Postby Eltor » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:15 pm

In principle VSF can be controlled by a keyboard. Additional a mouse and/or joystick are better. I tried a cheap game controller and encountered problems with the power settings as the game controller joystick does not act as a throttle. Game controller with a real throttle function are rare. I've found & ordered a used Saitek P1500 game controller but it has not arrived yet. There was a special controller 'Ship Driver' but this device is not cheap (if I can get one...) DoItYourself is probably the best solution for me as I can make my VSF controller 'cosy chair' compatible. I sit in my cosy chair in front of my small computer when I'm playing VSF. A plexi pane, small keyboard, game controller and a passive USB hub should do it. By the way, I don't fly with VSF. I use only the 'water' part of VSF
Is this forum the right place for some kind of a project log if I'll start my VSF cosy chair game controller project? And what controller are you using when you are on or under VSF water?

******** 24th of March Update: The new-old Saitek game controller works fine. I postponed my VSF controller project as I just ordered a new mainboard + AMD Athlon 5350 APU. That update will give my cosy chair computer a little more muscle and stays inside the thermal envelope for hot summer days as the old AMD E350 APU did. My VSF controller project will have to wait a little longer.
Eltor

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Return to VSF Support