Land drawing distance

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
kityatyi

Land drawing distance

Post by kityatyi »

I have noticed an issue with the drawing distance of the landmass. Even when visibility is severely reduced, distant land is still visible.

The attached screenshot is taken with the camera positioned on the southern tip of the island of Santorini, facing Crete. The island of Crete is clearly visible, despite being over 115 km away. The visibility is only 10 km at the time of the screenshot. This issue appears only in certain directions, I believe it has to do with the sun being behind the affected landmass. It reminds me of an old Virtual Sailor/Vehicle Simulator weakness that mostly affected sunsets and sunrises, revealing pieces of land even if they were way beyond sight.

I am hoping Ilan will be able to eliminate this bug as it makes navigation much less realistic, having visual contact with terrain features that should not be visible.