[FIXED in 8.2] Radar animation incorrect

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
kityatyi

[FIXED in 8.2] Radar animation incorrect

Post by kityatyi »

The marine radar animation appears to be bugged. I have not tested all of my ship models but the ones I have so far tried all seem to have this bug. The below video shows the issue clearly.

https://youtu.be/JqCFcSXrGQQ

I have noticed an issue with ferry ramp door animations as well, especially when the ramp was of a "folding" type, with multiple pivot points. A good example is the highspeed craft JAUME I, modeled by the talented guy behind Canary Shipyards, which can be freely downloaded from the author's site below. The bug did not exist in Vehicle Simulator.

https://canaryshipyard.wixsite.com/cana ... d/balearia

Another model (the ferries Champion Jet I and Champion Jet II) of the same author has a different ramp door issue: the animation does not get triggered immediately. After activating it using SHIFT+G (left ramp door) and via the panel control (CTRL+P and the clicking on Animation ON/OFF) they properly open, and if I want to close them immediately, it is all fine. But if I leave them opened for a while and attempt to close them somewhat later, they close often 3-5 minutes AFTER activating the animation. Sometimes even more than that. Sometimes nothing happens at all. There is something wrong with these animations in Virtual Sailor NG. These were all working fine in VSF.
Last edited by kityatyi on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kityatyi

Re: Radar animation incorrect

Post by kityatyi »

These all seem to be fixed with the 8.2 update. I will post here if any relevant issue still persists.
syrphid

Re: [FIXED in 8.2] Radar animation incorrect

Post by syrphid »

I was also faced with the issue of the animation. But this was in Fire Flight NG. I tested my models for VSF and was eager to try them in NG conditions. Landing gear behaved exactly as your radar there. Then I guessed it was my fault. But everything was Ok in Vehicle Simulator. I checked the other models and have found that I'm not alone. It is not too conspicuous but upper struts of CL-415 main langing gear move the same way in Fire Flight.