Scenery buildings, objects, ships floating in the sky?

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
robguthy

Scenery buildings, objects, ships floating in the sky?

Post by robguthy »

Hello recently I have had an issue with scenery buildings, objects, and ships floating in the sky. I've uninstalled the scenery, reinstalled it, uninstalled the game completely, reinstalled it, but still the issue persists. I use robert neath's scenery. Even the default Cape Verde scenery that comes with the game has floating buildings, over the water. The objects aren't where they should be either

I don't understand how I am getting the same issue after using the uninstaller and reinstalling VS NG.... Doesn't make sense

Any help is appreciated

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Images above for reference^^^
Altair-RT

Re: Scenery buildings, objects, ships floating in the sky?

Post by Altair-RT »

check the mean sea level? for me was the opposite problems.
robguthy

Post by robguthy »

Altair-RT wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:14 pm check the mean sea level? for me was the opposite problems.
I've tried that it still doesnt help. The scenery isnt even over the place where it is supposed to be its over the ocean, lake, river, etc....

Still require help. Thanks
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

I have exactly the same problem, even including the California Morro Bay default scenery. I've been in touch with Ilan, and he shared your suggestions regarding moving to X86. He also suggested moving latest vsmin update into VSF.
Graubart

Post by Graubart »

Are these floating objects randomly located over water etc?

In this case you can try to empty, but not remove the (text-) file "Tile_Objects" within the respective scenery folder. This helped for me.
robguthy

Post by robguthy »

Sailorjohn wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:40 am I have exactly the same problem, even including the California Morro Bay default scenery. I've been in touch with Ilan, and he shared your suggestions regarding moving to X86. He also suggested moving latest vsmin update into VSF.
So I managed to fix the problem mostly, one scenery area still has floating objects but all others are good. Here is my instructions (its a transcript from an email I sent to Ilan)

Shortly after sending my last email to you I decided to uninstall the program (for the 5th time) but instead of reinstalling it to the C:/virtualsailor, instead I downloaded it to the program files x86 directory. After this I had no problems. I will post each step to the fix on the forums and will email it to you later this week.

It appears x86 director actually helped.

So delete everything (save your shiops), redownload the scenery, reinstall to program x86
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

Thanks, Rob.
Ilan also suggested installing latest NG 8.3 min.exe into VSF folder. I have 168 sceneries in VSF, all of which I had imported to NG. I'm going to be making a lot of backup folders! ;)