Radar antenna rotating speed, amount and Replays

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
axevon

Radar antenna rotating speed, amount and Replays

Post by axevon »

Hi!

Longtime player of VS/VSF/VSNG!

I've always been quite disturbed with the slow rotating radar antennas, I've managed to make a animated "pilot" to make the antennas rotate faster, but as it is so time cunsuming to make this it would be greatly appriciated with a for example:"[radar1speed 11]" in the parts.cfg. Also the ability to have more than two radars, many ferries have up to 5 radars.(Bow, top mast 3x, stern and so on).

One other thing i'd really like to see is longer replays (atleast 1-2hrs) for AI traffic, The creme de la creme would be for them to work in multiplayer with AIS visibility in OpenCPN.

Thanks for a great simulator, the best one out there!
/Axel :)
ekeimaja

Re: Radar antenna rotating speed, amount and Replays

Post by ekeimaja »

I have emailed about the slow rotating speed to Ilan since 2008. I have never got explanation despite of asking directly about it multiple times. Still waiting it to be fixed.
VS sailor since 2008
axevon

Re: Radar antenna rotating speed, amount and Replays

Post by axevon »

I can send you a link to my Furuno X-band animated Radar antenna if you like, also have a Wärtsilä S-band antenna, these are with the gearbox in the same object. :) These ones you can set speed in the *.cfg, and you can have as many as you like!