"has_deck = 1" option not working?

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
CommanderNili

"has_deck = 1" option not working?

Post by CommanderNili »

Hi all,

I have noticed that my landable ships (has_deck = 1) cannot carry other vehicles as they should.

I am using the same vehicles as in VSF and try to load other vehicles on them (i.e. helicopters or trucks), but the second vehicle ends up in the water. I cannot understand what is wrong.

Perhaps this feature is not yet implemented correctly?
Victor

Re: "has_deck = 1" option not working?

Post by Victor »

This would be of interest to @tonym who is building an Amphibious Assault Ship. the ship has a flight deck for helicopter operations.

Victor
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

Make sure you have "Land on Objects" checked in Graphics tab.
CommanderNili

Post by CommanderNili »

"Land on Objects"??????
firescout.jpg
firescout.jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 12548 times
ekeimaja

Post by ekeimaja »

Land on objects feature is currently only in VSF.
VS sailor since 2008
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

My bad. :oops:
I looked in my VSNG folder and looked at the 'vehicle tab' in "Help"...but of course it shows the VSF vehicle tab, not the VSNG graphics tab. :roll: Seems to me this should invite an email to Ilan.
CommanderNili

Post by CommanderNili »

Well it seems that vehicles can be loaded on other vehicles, but this is not done yet during the spawning phase.

Someone has to drive them literally on the other platform. so I've been experimenting with that. I do have some issues with heavy ships though which seem to cause the other ship to lift in the air.

In the meantime the feature is OK with small craft.
BLACK_MARLIN.jpg
BLACK_MARLIN.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 11716 times
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hello,

Although it is an old post, this is very interesting ! I liked to fly aircrafts with sailing aircraft-carriers in VSF (with landings and take-offs) and this is a very annoying bug in VSNG.. As you said the vehicles can be loaded on other vehicles, but this is not done yet during the "spawning phase."

So we can land without (too much) problems but we can't actually load a static aircraft on the deck.. I found a work around solution by saving a situation with the aircraft-carrier : you can then easily edit manually the situation.txt file for adding or modifying an additionnal vehicle : the "situation phase" works and VSNG will load that vehicle on the deck.

As you said also there could be some little bumping issues but globally it works : the aircraft will be broken and with the gear "up" but you can "down" the gear and "repair" the aircraft with the vehicle/adjust/repair tab .. you are now ready to take-off :

This will allows to have an easy take-off practice situation to play.

Greetings.