Idea for better docking for the upcoming updates

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
Kalaitzopoulos

Idea for better docking for the upcoming updates

Post by Kalaitzopoulos »

Hello I am writing this to provide you my ideas of better docking (ships) especially anchoring
here's is my ideas:

1) first of all as we have noticed when we anchoring the anchor imme takes place and holds the front place of the ship down in the water (+) from docking panel) i suggest when we anchoring the anchor needs to be tight (-) so we can place it on 'action' when we want not by spamming (-) on docking panel

2) more anchoring skills in the current days the anchoring have many ways to take place in the ships in the game when we anchor it goes straight down with problem if we dock 2 ropes ( right-left ) with an anchor down and we have a wonderful of 5bf the ship won't stay still because the most important part isn't on the site of the wind to provide a 'stop' more complicated = when "sinking" the anchor our ship must always have a movement either 'forward' or 'upside down' in order not to accumulate the chain and get involved in the anchor. in the northern hemisphere we usually immerse the left anchor because due to the direction of the winds if we need to immerse the second anchor there will be no fear of confusing the chains. in case of adverse weather conditions we leave more chain than expected.
in case of wind or current, it is preferable for the anchoring course to be opposite to the direction of the current or wind.
I hope I explained it good for it to be understandable

I hope this idea take place in the near future because it would help and make better and also even more realistic the docking.
Victor

Re: Idea for better docking for the upcoming updates

Post by Victor »

I agree entirely there is a lot of work required in order to make the docking process more realistic. Anchoring is a separate matter, although the anchor can and is often used in the docking process, especially in the absence of tugs. That could be the subject of another topic. There is also another topic, mooring to a buoy and anchoring off shore.
Having dropped the pick in the right place there follows the processes of weighing anchor.
I haven't mentioned my favourite topic yet, online play and inter ship voice communication(ship captains to Tug master for example)
There is also some work for the scenery designers to incorporate bollards on the docks as well as fenders on the walls.

The only good thing that came out of 2021 was VSNG let us hope that santa Ilan has a few more gifts left in his sack. Happy new year to us all and good sailing virtual or otherwise.
I am sure there are plenty of members with experience in most of the aspects I have mentioned in the merchant and military who can add to these comments.

Victor