problems and ideas to new updates

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
Ari-Visser_Lover

problems and ideas to new updates

Post by Ari-Visser_Lover »

Hi everyone.

I have a few requests for ilan, who i hope will find them interesting.

1. This is a game sound overhaul, new ambient sounds, engines and especially horns.

So since that day there hasn't been any overhaul of the sounds, it's either Ilan doesn't have the ability to change them or they play an important role in the game since the number of years that it exists or for the community. But I will find it interesting to have new engine or horn sounds for vehicles. Of which, most of them are sounds that the community adds to their mods. But what bothers me is that there is only one audio track (horns) from start to finish. and my idea would be to split these audio tracks to be able to honk for unlimited time until the horn button is released by the player. My second idea will be procedural sounds for vehicle horns and engines. sounds managed by frequencies as in real life and which changes sound according to the atmosphere and the speed of the vehicles.

2. Concerning the horns, I find it as disturbing as my vehicle and that of the AI ​​horn nonstop as soon as I navigate nearby. Even when I reduce my speed, he continues to honk. even when a vessel is at rest and the engine is off. To simulate the approach of pilot boats or when I'm doing chases, it bothers me. It is also good to have AI boats that honk in bad weather (fog) to signal their presence or when the AI ​​senses danger towards another boat. And to remove the automatic horn from the player without him deciding to honk himself.

3. There was a recent update that added a light when docking. (anchor light) but the problem is that the anchor light tab was for strobe lights. which is not realistic because the strobe lights represent emergency lights for lifeboats. So now when you click on anchor light the light code to signal that the boat is dropping anchor is active but also the strobe lights for vehicles that are equipped with them. It would be interesting to add a tab on the lights "strobe lights" or "emergency lights" so that each light has a role when interacting with the player in navigation.

Here are all the things I wanted to share for VSNG if I have any other ideas or issues to report I will share on this same topic. I hope my feedback will be taken into account so that the developer can apply them if they have the capacity or the time to do so. Thank you in advance and good navigation to all!!
:D :D
RobNeath

Re: problems and ideas to new updates

Post by RobNeath »

Hello,

In reference to the horns.... users do have the option to change the default sounds themselves, this is something I have done for the engine sounds and horns.
Many of my ships now have custom horns, most using the real one that ship uses (thanks to Youtube). If you choose the right horn you can replace the default one with one that constantly sounds until you release the button.

Some people have even added radio chatter to some of the boats to give that extra more realism to the background. Similar to sceneries I add Port sounds to my many ports to give that more feeling that the port is active.

2. An easy fix for this for now would be to turn off the "collision Horn" in the options this will turn off the automatic horn when ships are on a direct course for each other.

3. I believe (but not tested it myself) you can change the type of light which is being used for the anchor lights, I think the one Ilan added is an example.

Hope this helps

Robert
VSF/VSNG Ship and Scenery Creator
Downloads can be found via: https://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.
Ari-Visser_Lover

RobNeath wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:35 pm Hello,

In reference to the horns.... users do have the option to change the default sounds themselves, this is something I have done for the engine sounds and horns.
Many of my ships now have custom horns, most using the real one that ship uses (thanks to Youtube). If you choose the right horn you can replace the default one with one that constantly sounds until you release the button.

Some people have even added radio chatter to some of the boats to give that extra more realism to the background. Similar to sceneries I add Port sounds to my many ports to give that more feeling that the port is active.

2. An easy fix for this for now would be to turn off the "collision Horn" in the options this will turn off the automatic horn when ships are on a direct course for each other.

3. I believe (but not tested it myself) you can change the type of light which is being used for the anchor lights, I think the one Ilan added is an example.

Hope this helps

Robert
Hello,
Thank you for your answer, it has enlightened me.

But I would have specified some things like:

1. I already knew that it was possible to put customizable sounds. But what I wanted to specify is to use audio horns in three parts (start - loop - end) a bit like Train Simulator. I haven't seen any videos showing this possibility. That's why I ask.

2. Can you send me a photo. because I had to look for the options, I couldn't find it.

3. To be more precise, what would be nice is to have more orderly light panels. Kind of like Ship Simulator Extremes. where we can differentiate the navigation codes.

What would be nice would be a lighted sign for navigation codes like pilot, anchor, sinking, fishing, emergency, moving... and also a lighted sign for the boat like cabin, deck, dashboard. .. etc
rakom

Post by rakom »

horn.JPG
horn.JPG (92.22 KiB) Viewed 13429 times
Ari-Visser_Lover

rakom wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:53 amhorn.JPG
Thanks a lot :D
Cptn Kostas

Post by Cptn Kostas »

I have a problem in my computer with the game.

1. The sun is like the sun of minecraft also the clouds

2. Why the game lagging in my computer and my other friends not lagging
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

Cptn Kostas wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:38 pm I have a problem in my computer with the game.

I can't help with your first issue as I've seen a few people have this.

The second problem is it could be tat they have a more powerful computer to you? To run Virtual Sailor NG quite smoothly you need a fairly powerful computer, especially if you want to use detailed ships and ports.
You need to compare your computer to your friends.

For example these are my specs:
Intel i7 -9700
Asus H310-Pro Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz RAM
Nvidia Palit RTX 3080 10GB DDR6X
246GB m.2 SSD (for OS)
1.8TB HDD
5TB HDD (for MSFS)
+1x Portable 1TB SSD
RM750x power supply
Windows 10 64-bit.
27inch 1440p display

Depending on your PC's specs could also be a reason for the blocky textures. It might just be your computer can't handle the game.

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.
Ari-Visser_Lover

My Specs:

Intel i7 - 9700
3.60 GHz
RAM 48,0 GO
NVDIA Gforce GTX 1070 Ti

But i don't use multiplayer.
Reason: No friends literally, No FR friends :(
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

Ari-Visser_Lover wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 pm My Specs:

Intel i7 - 9700
3.60 GHz
RAM 48,0 GO
NVDIA Gforce GTX 1070 Ti

It's okay, I don't play online either. But I prefer to play alone on this particular game.

Have you tried joining any of the Facebook groups for the game? (New Virtual Sailor Forum & Vehicle Simulator Forum) for example.
There are many people on there who enjoy the games and is much easier to talk to them on there too.

Ari-Visser_Lover

RobNeath wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:09 pm
Ari-Visser_Lover wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 pm My Specs:

Intel i7 - 9700
3.60 GHz
RAM 48,0 GO
NVDIA Gforce GTX 1070 Ti

It's okay, I don't play online either. But I prefer to play alone on this particular game.

Have you tried joining any of the Facebook groups for the game? (New Virtual Sailor Forum & Vehicle Simulator Forum) for example.
There are many people on there who enjoy the games and is much easier to talk to them on there too.
I use solo too for this kind of games. But why not about the online.
I don't use facebook. I don't have account on it. And sorry for that but i hate facebook.
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

It's okay don't worry, many people do.

It was just an idea as the groups are much more active on there then this site for example with one group having around 2,000 members.
Similar to they are where most users show their new projects and releases (like me for example via my page). Simply as it is easier to showcase them.
:)

I think the last time I properly showed my projects on here is when it was the much older Forum before Virtual Sailor NG was even a thing.

Let's see if some of your ideas come to light though in future updates. Take Care!

Ari-Visser_Lover

RobNeath wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:44 pm It's okay don't worry, many people do.

It was just an idea as the groups are much more active on there then this site for example with one group having around 2,000 members.
Similar to they are where most users show their new projects and releases (like me for example via my page). Simply as it is easier to showcase them.
:)

I think the last time I properly showed my projects on here is when it was the much older Forum before Virtual Sailor NG was even a thing.

Let's see if some of your ideas come to light though in future updates. Take Care!
I totally see.
I hope too. Ilan checks the forum posts for sure, so I'm not worried about that. Thank you very much, it's nice and take care of yourself too.
P.S. I know your site well and really like what you do, your maps and ship are pleasant to use.
sultanpoppa

Post by sultanpoppa »

Cptn Kostas wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:38 pm I have a problem in my computer with the game.

I want to second the 1st point here. I see the exact same thing and my machine specs are pretty good as well. Lights also show up as squares.

https://app.box.com/s/qc17xq6bmlcboediihzvk7qlqqtayagl
sultanpoppa

Post by sultanpoppa »

I decided to uninstall it. Perhaps wait until the next release to try it again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here are some answers to the posts i see here:

1) I see from the image you posted that the program was not installed fully, you are missing the basic textures
which come with the full installation, probably you installed the update only !

Please install this file

http://www.hangsim.com/misc/vsn_update.exe

right click the mouse, select save link as and then install.

2) Machines with decent specs, maybe the problem is running the program on the onboard video card, and not the powerful one,
you can check this using the logfile.txt in the directory of the program, and if you see the video adaptor not as the NVidia one then
use the control panel of you computer to select the default program to run on the NVidia card.

3) The last update is not slower than any of the ones before, I have checked, and you can check also:

Download the older update here ( the exe alone ) and check:

www.hangsim.com/temp/vsf_ng_985.exe

In case of a problem please email me