Unexpected Differences. Are There Others?

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
codetrucker

Unexpected Differences. Are There Others?

Post by codetrucker »

[Disclaimer - I am new to the new VSNG and have been trying it out as my "vote" and appreciation for the creator's work. I have not read all the threads on the board, but I have spot checked. I also have done some searches with no real success. This means my subject may have already been discussed. If so, please direct me to a link(s). Unfortunately, my mental abilities become confused when trying to assimilate details from numerous resources like many threads. My apologies for any inconvenience. Lastly, please do not misconstrue my thoughts as a rejection of VSNG. Regardless of my criticism, I am grateful for the long work that has gone into its production.]

One of my favorite activities in Vehicle Simulator was my ability to set up various competitions using the "Dup" function on the Map along with the Autopilot and Autosail features after setting up a course. Even when I wanted to be more passive or was dealing with mental invalidism, I could be a spectator. It was great therapy too. :)

I have sadly discovered the same "Dup" function is no longer available, or at least I can't find it. If it is available, please help. In facing this disappointment, I have become deflated in using VSNG and have had to revert to VSF for the present.

In light of the above, are there any other "disappointments" that have been discovered I should be made aware of at this point? Also, could the path forward for VSNG possibly include the restoration of the "Dup" function?

Thank you for your attention.

Calvin
Last edited by codetrucker on Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
rakom

Re: Disappointment Sadness. Are There Others?

Post by rakom »

While waiting for the hypothetical restoration of the duplicate button, you can do this: you save a situation with all the boats you want, with a route configured for one of them; then you edit the corresponding txt file located in the "situations" folder: you copy the waypoints of the route defined for the chosen boat on all the others.

Cheers!
codetrucker

Re: Unexpected Differences. Are There Others?

Post by codetrucker »

Thank you for the workaround. I thought this could probably be done. I just didn’t know where to look.
Take care.
Last edited by codetrucker on Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
codetrucker

Re: Disappointment Sadness. Are There Others?

Post by codetrucker »

Actually, I should be able to partially automate this process somewhat. Hmm...... I wonder if this would be better done with Autohotkey or macro? I may give this a shot.

Take care.
Calvin