Virtual memory error

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
PapaCharlie

Virtual memory error

Post by PapaCharlie »

Hi there,

I wanted to drive over night from Hamburg to Rotterdam.
When I cam eback to my PC this morning I noticed that my screens were black and the Sim obviously crashed.

Windows log showed the following:

Windows has diagnosed insufficient virtual memory. The following programs occupied the most virtual memory: steamwebhelper.exe (17224) occupied 16020414464 bytes, steamwebhelper.exe (18456) occupied 10923278336 bytes, and vsf_ng.exe (15048) occupied 4457111552 bytes

I have 32GB of RAM, a RTX3070 GPU and plenty of SSD Harddrivespace.

Has anyone an idea?

Rgds PC :)
RobNeath

Re: Virtual memory error

Post by RobNeath »

The best way to fix this is to download the 4GB patch by Ntcore and apply it to VSNG.
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

It's a very simply tool that can be applied to any game, this is ideal for games built using older engines (like VSF/VSNG) and should stop the game from both crashing (in most cases) and will also help it load heavy (detailed) ships easier.
VSF/VSNG Ship and Scenery Creator
Downloads can be found via: https://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.
PapaCharlie

Re: Virtual memory error

Post by PapaCharlie »

Thanks for the reply and idea.

I already did this with the 4GB patch.
Meanwhile I figured out that it was not VSNG itself but Steam....
Obviously the steamwebhelper and ingame overlay stuff can cause severe RAM flooding over time.
I changed the overlay setting in steam and disabled it.

VSNG is running for almost 30 hours now without a single issue :)